Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 6/28

How are you wearing your rings for the ceremony?

I've heard of bride's wearing their e-ring on their right hand, skipping the e-ring entirely, or having their FI place both the e-ring and the band on their left hand.  There are probably other ways too.  Just curious.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 6/28

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had the wedding band and the e-ring soldered together a couple of weeks before the ceremony and just didn't wear my e-ring until the ceremony.  My husband placed both on my hand since they were then one piece. 

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I guess I will add this to my list of things to think about!  haha.  I guess I have never paid attention to what others have done...I just assumed that the woman wore her engagement ring, and then the man placed the wedding ring over it.  Then later she switched it, like before any close up ring/hand pictures? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We did the little "engagement ring ceremony" thing.  Basically, afer the giving of rings, the pastor reads a thing about how the engagement ring was a promise, and now the promise has been fufilled, and had DH slip the e-ring back on my finger, over the band.  (The real reading is in my bio)

SO, because of that, my MOH held my e ring until that time.  (It wouldn't fit on my right hand)
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We opted not to have mine soldered ahead of time..mainly because I didn't want to got without my e-ring even for a few days!  We aren't quite sure what we'll do...if he'll just put the band on with my e-ring and discreetly flip them after the ceremony, or if I'll wear the e-ring on the right hand. 

Only got 5 more days to figure it out though! Yippee!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-628?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:21ee94ab-2ad8-4e98-afc1-09dc9ccc119bPost:7ba026ac-7b09-4b99-8de3-bc55ddb68007">Re: QOTD 6/28</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the wedding band and the e-ring soldered together a couple of weeks before the ceremony and just didn't wear my e-ring until the ceremony.  My husband placed both on my hand since they were then one piece. 
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

That is what we are doing too.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'll just have him put the w-ring on and them flip them around before the receiving line starts.  I don't want to get them soldered together until afterwards because it would drive me bonkers not wear it for a few weeks.  I would be playing with my phantom ring.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-628?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:21ee94ab-2ad8-4e98-afc1-09dc9ccc119bPost:b5cb8e31-a1f8-4899-a171-5461edcde57c">Re: QOTD 6/28</a>:
    [QUOTE]We opted not to have mine soldered ahead of time..<strong>mainly because I didn't want to got without my e-ring even for a few days!  </strong>We aren't quite sure what we'll do...if he'll just put the band on with my e-ring and discreetly flip them after the ceremony, or if I'll wear the e-ring on the right hand.  Only got 5 more days to figure it out though! Yippee!!!!!
    Posted by nyrek[/QUOTE]

I hated this part!!  However, as much as I didn't want to part with my ring before the ceremony, I figured that I would want to part with it after we were married even less!
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-628?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:21ee94ab-2ad8-4e98-afc1-09dc9ccc119bPost:680d0cc3-5445-4d68-9a06-8d75499fce0b">Re: QOTD 6/28</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I will add this to my list of things to think about!  haha.  I guess I have never paid attention to what others have done...I just assumed that<strong> the woman wore her engagement ring, and then the man placed the wedding ring over it.  Then later she switched it, like before any close up ring/hand pictures?</strong> 
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

That's what I did :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Im not going to wear mine for a few days before bc i want to get it cleaned so its sparkly. It will drive me nuts! Then i have no idea what we are gonna do. LOL
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards