Wedding Woes

It is so effing hot in this office...

...that my Lindor truffles are melting and leaking their filling.  Eurotrash was cold, so she snapped her fingers and maintenance came and fvcking disconnected the air conditioning ductwork.  Because she's living with the operations manager, who is their boss's boss.  Now I'm sweating in a t-shirt, and my chocolate is melting.  Too bad no one here answers to the man I'm sleeping with.

I'm tempted to take this to her and then on to my manager, but I keep hoping it will be a moot point very soon.  

If you don't hear from me for a while, I'm either working on something or hospitalized with heat stroke. 

Re: It is so effing hot in this office...

• jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That is likely the most redonkulous thing I've heard. Adjusting the temp so it isn't an icebox? Ok, that I get. Completely disconnecting the AC in the middle of summer? Stupid.

Hope you don't end up with heatstroke.
  • edited December 2011

Where we office - it is either a freezing tundra or hot as hades. I have three seaters in my office and it is 90+ degrees outside.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Surely she can't be comfortable either. Do you think the maintenance guys disconnected it passive-agressively because they're sick of jumping to her commands?
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_effing-hot-this-office?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:8905598b-e12c-472a-9e03-c5982764ee0aPost:a44dad3e-5036-4629-9d9d-955811d94104">Re: It is so effing hot in this office...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Surely she can't be comfortable either. Do you think the maintenance guys disconnected it passive-agressively because they're sick of jumping to her commands?
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]

I wish.  That would almost make it worthwhile, for her to suffer as a result of her shenanigans.  Maintenance was in here earlier moving her desk around for her and they commented on how hot it was.  (No isht.)  I told them it was so hot that all my chocolate was melting, and Eurotrash said, "I rather like it now."  So of course the three guys were like, "Oh, of course, no, we weren't saying it was uncomfortable or anything, it's just great."  Then they finished moving her desk and hauled their sweaty butts back downstairs, where it's cooler.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe she's being passive-agressive back and is determined to suffer through the heat so as not to let them win. Then she's calling them back to her office to do manual labor, thus rubbing their faces in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards