North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Alterations Help! Olga Booked!

My wedding is May 20th. I should have called Olga back in October when I bought my dress, but I obviously waited too long and she's booked through July. Does anyone else know of any good/reasonably priced seamstresses in the Triange area who can help?

Re: Alterations Help! Olga Booked!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alright, clearly I should have scrolled down a few clicks to see the "seamstresses besides olga" post. I just called Krystyna's and left her a message. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know just in case she's booked too!
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check the regular NC board. There is another lady that does alterations. She's also one of Olga's friends :o)

Sorry Olga is booked. It's CRAZY how much work she does! I don't know how she does it, but it's amazing work and she's got a true gift.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Olga is great and I knew once I found her name on TK I wanted to contact her. My wedding is June 2011 and I contacted her last August to get in :0
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to go ahead and update. I just had my fitting at Krystyna's yesterday. Obviously I have not rec'd my dress back, but it was a FANTASTIC experience. The shop was PACKED when we went in, but it was a good atmosphere and Krystyna was INCREDIBLY sweet. As it turns out, my dress pretty much already fit me like a glove and Krystyna showed my mom how to adjust the modesty panel so that it would fit properly w/o any alternations needed. This was also my first time trying on my dress w/ my shoes and although we thought I'd need to wear 5 inches heels to avoid a hemming, apparently kitten heels (the ones I bought) were all I needed. All I needed Krystyna to do was a bustle. She showed us the american and the French bustles. She pinned a beautiful french bustle on to my gown and is going to make color coded ribbons for us so that we can tie it up w/o too much fuss. Even better news - only $35 for my bustle! That's it!

I also saw several other wedding dresses hanging up in the shop and a high school student was getting in for her final prom dress fitting with what was clearly more alterations than mine (given the conversation) and it turned out beautifully. Everyone else in the shop were return customers and were raving about her. I'll post back when I pick up my dress next week (and post back on the regular NC board) and let everyone know how it went. I just wanted everyone else like me - who waited too long to book Olga - that there are other fantastic seamstress options in the triangle.
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Im glad to hear it went well for you! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards