Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Wedding Pictures

How long did everyone wait to receive their pictures from the photographer?  We have not even seen the proofs yet.  Last Friday was 4 weeks since the wedding and I am getting antsy :)

Re: Wedding Pictures

• Ours told us (as she was leaving the reception) that it would be 6-8 weeks.  We were married Oct 2nd and I just heard from her today saying the flash drive of all the pictures would be in the mail to us either Tues or Wed of this week (so excited!).

I too have not seen anything from her yet.  Not one picture!  But I knew that going in that this is how she does things.

What does it say in your contract?  Did your photographer give you an idea at all of what you could expect?

• We got married on a Friday and the CDs with all the images on them the following Thursday.  We also went through a small-time photographer, and he was leaving on vacation so I think he wanted to get them to us before that. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I got to see my pictures online three days after the wedding.  I chose my pictures labor day weekend and have been slowly sent updates for the album layout but that is not completed yet.  
  • We got Married on a Sunday and by tues morning i had all the proofs in my email and a cd waiting for me at his office.
  • We had the DVD's with digital images in less than 2 weeks. The 200 prints she included in our package won't be ready until after Christmas though...
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Don't fret!  You will get them!  You may be feeling what a lot of brides feel - that you see pictures on Facebook of your friends at your wedding but not pictures of you.  That totally irked me!  When you get your photog's photos you will be SO happy.  Just check in with the photographer with a friendly email so you'll have an idea of the ETA.  They will be so worth the wait!!    

My wedding was also on Oct 2nd - I recently received my disk of 1200 photos with color etc fixed.  My photographer doesn't do printing but does pick her favorite 50.  She provided one disk of all 1200 and one of her favorite 50 (she is a photojournalist who also does weddings.)  Now I'm faced with the suprisingly difficult task of narrowing them down to post on Facebook!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards