July 2012 Weddings
Options

What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party?

And also for the parents intro?
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party?

• Options
    music is what stresses me out the most i think! So i have no idea,
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We like Calvin Harris's "Feel So Close" but my brother used that at his wedding a month ago...so we feel like we can't use it too.
    Other thoughts for us is the Rocky Theme Song, since my FI is a boxer and has a fun upbeat tempo.
    We are working on songs for this still too!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think we're just using one song for both us and BP... isn't this normal? We're using Everything by Michael Buble.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was looking to do a fun upbeat song that will get everyone dancing.  I saw on another board a girl used "now that we found love" by heavy d and the boys I thought that could be funny. 
  • Options
    Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012

We're going to use one song for FI and I and our BP. We havent decided yet but a few that we're debating are Hootie & the Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You and Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel. We wanted something with a great beat everyone can dance to as their coming in.

We've also been debating Bring 'Em Out by T.I. I've met T.I. before and danced with him on tv so we thought it'd be funny. But we probably won't do that--too heavy for our crowd I think.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    FI and I are dancing in to a song that is seperate from the bridal party. Both songs are African with a carribean beat. Our families and friends are heavy dancers so if we came in with a slow song everyone would look at us like we were crazy. LOL!

Lady324 - what type of music do you like and I can make a few suggestions? I listen to everything.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    We are using I belive in a thing called love by The Darkness.  Fi and I both like it (especially Fi) and he really wanted it to be used at the reception somehow.  Its not really a great dance song so this was the best way for us to use it :)
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good Life by One Republic. One song for all of us. And our parents won't be part of the entrance. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-are-you-using-for-your-entrance-songs-for-bridegroom-and-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:4c20ecae-f37a-4e32-ba35-d972324965ddPost:68c814e6-d6a7-4389-b91b-9df31e7ac04f">Re: What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are dancing in to a song that is seperate from the bridal party. Both songs are African with a carribean beat. Our families and friends are heavy dancers so if we came in with a slow song everyone would look at us like we were crazy. LOL! Lady324 - what type of music do you like and I can make a few suggestions? I listen to everything.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

I also listen to everything!!  I just want a fun upbeat song that everyone can dance to.  I am really liking the idea of now that we found love :)  It is at the end of the movie hitch with will smith when everyone is dancing.
  • Options

We are using one song for everyone. The Temptations - Get Ready (Here I come) 

• Options
    I think the Bridal Party is walking into "Flashing Lights"-Kanye West (my brother and sister picked this) and we are walking into "All of the Lights"-Kanye West ft. Rihanna (to kinda of stick with the theme..plus we like the intro and that's probably all we'll need to walk in...lol).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-are-you-using-for-your-entrance-songs-for-bridegroom-and-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:4c20ecae-f37a-4e32-ba35-d972324965ddPost:4725580b-463b-4d1e-b3bc-5926609c11fe">Re: What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was looking to do a fun upbeat song that will get everyone dancing.  I saw on another board a girl used <strong>"now that we found love"</strong> by heavy d and the boys I thought that could be funny. 
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

lol that would be AWESOME.

I'm not sure what we're doing yet; all music (like bells!) is totally TBD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-are-you-using-for-your-entrance-songs-for-bridegroom-and-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:4c20ecae-f37a-4e32-ba35-d972324965ddPost:679954bd-2d87-4e5b-8826-087bcae0b612">Re: What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party? : I also listen to everything!!  I just want a fun upbeat song that everyone can dance to.  <strong>I am really liking the idea of now that we found love :)  It is at the end of the movie hitch with will smith when everyone is dancing.
    </strong>Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Yup, that is a fun song. Here are a few others:

Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Michael McDonald
    Angel - Shaggy
    Crazy in Love - Beyonce
    Good life (clean version) - Kanye West
    I Feel Good - James Brown
    Signed, sealed delivered - Stevie Wonder
    Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
    I got a feeling - black eye peas
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options

My FI and I only know the one song and it is Night of my Life by Pauly D ft. Dash that is what we are walking into. I don't know about anyone else. lol. At least I covered the most important. lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-are-you-using-for-your-entrance-songs-for-bridegroom-and-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:4c20ecae-f37a-4e32-ba35-d972324965ddPost:7b001bad-4ab8-491e-a0bb-ae35052923a5">Re: What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I only know the one song and it is <strong>Night of my Life by Pauly D ft. Dash</strong> that is what we are walking into. I don't know about anyone else. lol. At least I covered the most important. lol.
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Oh I love this! Totally our style of music. Might have to borrow this song idea!
  • Options
    I havent decided for sure, we've only kind of talked about it. But I was thinking we would walk into "So Much Love" by Fedde le Grand. We wont be doing an intro for the parents because we're hosting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    colleenm18colleenm18 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I am letting my sister pick what song the BP walks into.. She is the MOH- I think she is going with something like "I'm sexy and I know it" or "drop it like its hot"  My girls are crazy and love to have a good time so this is perfect..

FI picked our song and we are walking into the theme music from Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-are-you-using-for-your-entrance-songs-for-bridegroom-and-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:4c20ecae-f37a-4e32-ba35-d972324965ddPost:e575b62e-6158-41a4-86a4-212453a21fc8">Re: What are you using for your entrance songs for bride/groom and bridal party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I havent decided for sure, we've only kind of talked about it. But I was thinking we would walk into<strong> "So Much Love" by Fedde le Grand</strong>. We wont be doing an intro for the parents because we're hosting. 
    Posted by dawnleanna1[/QUOTE]

This another one of my choices, LOVE this song :-)
  • Options
    My cousin used Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO and it was perfect! Of course, we can't use that too lol

We were thinking the theme to Top Gun (Danger Zone) since it's one of FI's favorite movies...haha we will see though. I'm meeting with the DJ next time I'm in Indiana, so I guess I should figure it out before then!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Bridal Party Intro: Andrew WK - Party Hard

Bride/Groom Intro: Andrew WK - I Get Wet

(Our favorite band/artist.)

PARTY.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We are walking in to the theme from Star Wars - we have a small BP so just one song. We're big nerds lol. FI wants light sabers too lol
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm looking at only using one song. I have so much drama going on that everything is ticking me off.

Anyway, my thinking that the girls and my mom love is Ke$ha's Tik Tok. I'm usually a Green Day and Tom Petty kind of girl. But for some reason, I just really love this song. I'm hoping I can get my dj to pause for intros and such so it's timed out that FI and I come out to the lyrics
    "The party don't start till I walk in."

Originally I was looking at Pink "Let's get this party started"
  • Options
    We're nerds, so we're using Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" for the entrance for both the BP and us. Yes you read that right, "White and Nerdy." We felt like opening with a fun, lighthearted song, and we can't wait Laughing
    image 82 Invited image 64 Confirmed image 14 Declined image 4 Who Knows?
    RSVP Date: June 20th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards