Wedding Party
Options

Nieces

My wedding is still quite a ways away, so in my opinion, there's no reason to be talking about the wedding party at all. BUT, that doesn't stop people from asking who's going to be in it. With adults, I just say, "Oh, we haven't talked about that yet." But when it's a young niece...

I have three nieces, all teenagers. I was not planning on asking them to be in my wedding party, for numerous and very firm reasons. (They really are firm reasons, involving all kinds of family dynamics, not worth getting into here. Suffice to say, though, that love them though I do, it's my choice not to ask them.) One of those nieces, though, aged 15, has already started asking, mostly through her mother. What's the best way to handle this? I don't want her feelings to be hurt, of course, but  I'm not changing my decision just to avoid an awkward conversation. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

Re: Nieces

• Options
    That's not a bad idea. I have a great nail place I love, too, so we could have fun going together, like a little party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• Options
    Thanks, Liatris. We're not really keeping it small, I don't think. Our wedding is in late 2013, so it's too soon to actually make decisions, but chances are it'll be a big wedding party in the end. Her mother thinks it would be better to tell her no now to nip it in the bud, so she's probably right. I do love my niece, and look super forward to her being there on our day and sharing it with us, just not in the wedding party. I just need a way to explain that to a young person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards