Ohio-Columbus
Options

Dress Shopping!

I'm going dress shopping on Saturday for the first time! Any advice for me??? :) I'm going to Wendy's Bridal in the morning (I've heard some bad things about them but am going there more to get an idea of what styles I like) and then going to Trumpington Bridal house in the afternoon. TIA!

Re: Dress Shopping!

• Options
    Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Wendy's too, and when I went it was helpful for me to tell them exactly which style I liked.  I know every bride is different, so if you know what looks good on you flaunt it!  My advice is don't try to pick some magical style that you might one day fit into - do you!  Your fiance loves you for YOU so get something that showcases your gorgeous self.

When I was down to 2 dresses, my sales rep at Wendy's told me to pick the dress that was me with a bridal twist over the dress that was just everyday me.  I listened and couldn't be more in love with my dress (it's disgusting I look at pictures of it constantly).

I also wouldn't take too many people - my first time shopping it was me, my sister (jr bridesmaid), another bridesmaid, mom, and MOH... I was having a hard time figuring out my true feelings about dresses versus what I was hearing from all of them.  So, the day I went to Wendy's and ended up buying THE dress it was just me, my mom, and my sister.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for dress shopping!!

I went to Wendy's Bridal, too. I ended up getting my dress there! I loved the gal I worked with... she was so nice and didn't try to sell me a super expensive dress that I didn't like. I bought a dress that day, but after sleeping on it, I went back the next day and got the dress I REALLY wanted. She was so great both days and the 2nd day I was there by myself! I just stood there and looked in the mirror because the dress was SO beautiful! It's funny because I went in with pictures of dresses that I thought would look amazing on me, and they looked ridiculous! I ended up with a dress that I NEVER would've looked twice at in a magazine, but the fit is perfect and it's just beautiful.

I agree... don't take TOO many people. I had my Mom, and 2 bridesmaids and that was a good number. :)

Good luck! Looking forward to a post later about your experiences! I also had heard bad things about Wendy's but I really had a great time there. They were all very nice to me! Have fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Elegant Bride in Dublin.  It is on 161 just East of 270 in the little shopping center where Kroger is.  DD got her dress there.  The owner is very nice, great selection, and really good prices.

• Options
    dorian430dorian430 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Wendy's.  It was the first store I went to and then I went to 4 others after that.  I ended up going back to Wendy's to get the dress I loved.  I had a great experience there.  I liked that the dresses were not in those plastic bags so you could see them easier and feel what material they were.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too had a great experience at Wendys-- they were super nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another Wendy's girl here....got my dress there and LOVE it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew I wanted a Maggie Sotterro dress, but I had a miserable experience at Wendy's. They don't tell you who the designer is and they don't allow you to take pictures of you in the dress until you buy it. I recommend knowing the designers they carry so you know what dress it is.

I bought my Maggie dress at Catan's in Strongsville. They had a MUCH larger selection of designers and dresses and I had a great experience with them. 

Have fun, dress shopping is a great time! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'm only taking my mom, sis, and best friend! I will post about my experiences :)
  • Options
    Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at Wendy's too.  I ended up buying my dress there.  It's the first dress I ever tried on.  Everyone there was really nice.  If you are not looking for a specific designer, Wendy's works great.  I pulled dresses I thought I'd like, then once I was trying them on and talking about what I liked and didn't like, the consultant pulled some more for me. 
    I suggest wearing a strapless bra and nude colored panties.  They will be helping you put the dresses.  They offered a longline bra to try on with the dresses but I was more comfortable in my own. 
    I agree, don't take a ton of people with you.  Just try on a bunch of styles to see what you like.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my first and only dress shopping trip was at wendy's.  got a great sample sale dress for a great price and i thought the lady who helped me was wonderful.  she really got what i wanted and didn't try to make me look too bridal, even knew not to put a veil on me because it's just not my style.  in terms of undergarments, i got my longline bra that fits great at macy's for half the price at the bridal shops.  and if you hit a sale and have a 20 percent off - even cheaper.  but i suggest figuring out your dress before you think about undergarments.  i thought i'd want to not even wear a bra or just a strapless, but i feel like the longline bra adds so much definition to my shape and really makes my wedding dress look amazing.  anyways....ENJOY!!!  relax!!!  love every minute of it!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really liked the Elegant Bride in Dublin. They were really helpful and not pushy at all. But I ended up buying my dress at Alan Ray Bridal off of Billingsley Road.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:de7a08d4-ba49-4ee7-91e2-205c2083f00aPost:4d872b4c-621e-4662-893f-434def444847">Re: Dress Shopping!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another Wendy's girl here....got my dress there and LOVE it!
    Posted by skibunnyk[/QUOTE]

Same here...Have fun!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    misssuzyqmisssuzyq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elegant Bride in Dublin and Girls In White Dresses in the Arena district.  I bought my wedding dress and am doing my bridesmaid dresses at GIWD.  Both have been fabulous to work with thus far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards