Attire & Accessories Forum

Sample gown vs. ordering one

Hello,
Today I found my wedding dress(!) and because they weren't sure that ordering it would arrive by my wedding date (late April) they suggested I take the sample, which fit my like a glove and was practically perfect on me.  So I bought the sample and they offered to store it a their store at no cost.  Less an hour later the shop called me to tell me they think they would be able to order it and have it come by my wedding date, and she'll let me know. I'm nervous now because as mentioned the sample fit me PERFECTLY and the only atleration would be to raise the left side of the hem just a tad.  I'm worried that the brand new one they were to order would need a lot more alterations than the sample.  Please advise.  Should I take the sample, or get a brand new one?

Its a Mora Lee, Blu style.  I did receive a discount for the dress being a sample, and I was told I would get the new one exactly the same as the sample I tried on, at no extra cost.

Re: Sample gown vs. ordering one

• Are they giving you a discount on the sample?  Chances are the ordered dress will fit fine, but keep in mind, the sample has been tried on and may be stretched out a bit in some parts.  I purchased a sample and loved it.. never regretted it..  I found it fit perfectly (minus a few alterations @ the chest), but otherwise it was a good purchase.
  • My dress is a sample too, but also take into consideration if it's newer or older. I bought a sample but it's a new dress from the fall 2010 line so it has only been tried on a couple times. The new dress you ordered will be bigger/poofier depending on the style as well. If it's the same price and will be altered on time, I could see you going either way. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hey! :) im an April 30th bride...you get to share your date with royalty :) lucky!

if there is no discount for buying the same, go with the new one. the new one wont have been touched by so many people. there may not be any defects with the same NOW.......but they may show up later.

i would definitely ask and see what they can do.

in the meantime, come on over to the April 2011 board :)
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    the sample may also be a different color b/c of the oil on everyone's hands who have touched of the past, dust from the salon, and artifical and natural light that has been on it.

if there is no extra i say get the new one.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• UPDATE: I learned from the Mori Lee website that the bridal shop I purchased my dress from isn't an authorized retailer.  In addition, I was told the dress is only 2 weeks old, the shop had just gotten the dress in.

I think I'm going to go with the sample based on the fact the shop doesn't look like an authorized retailer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards