Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged since December, probably putting off wedding plans :(

I've been engaged since Christmas and our plan was to marry Aug 13, 2011 but we've had so many things come up financially, I just don't see how we will afford to get married in a year.

I'm debating on doing just a courthouse wedding that day and putting all the money into a big reception or just waiting another year and having the wedding I wanted. Anyone else been in this situation? I'm devastated thinking of putting it off another year, I just don't know what to do :(

Re: Engaged since December, probably putting off wedding plans :(

• I think you should wait another year to get married so you can have the wedding you want. FI and I are doing a 2 year engagement and trust me the time will fly by. If you can not wait another year to get married you can do a courthouse wedding just make sure guests know when they come to your reception that you are already married and this is an after the fact celebration, believe it or not some women want to lie to their friends and family and have them think that the reception is their real wedding. I think it is best to wait but it is up to you.
  • If you don't do the wedding you want, you may regret it later.  I vote for waiting as well, it'll get here before you know it.

Congrats though!
  • i think you should re-consider a smaller wedding, open to other options that might save you money... The whole point of marriage is tying the knot;)
    Isnt that what you really want?:)
  • Congratulations! :)  Sounds like you already have the wedding you want in mind, and if that's the case, then it's probably best that you put the wedding off, until you can afford it.

Look at it this way - when August 2011 comes and goes, you'll be REALLY happy you still have your perfect wedding to look forward to. Cheers and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards