Virginia
Options

Virginia Beach Inquiries

Hey everyone! I got engaged less than a month ago and have decided that we will have our wedding reception and ceremony in Va Beach. I have a few questions and would appreciate any help!

1. Church for the ceremony- what are the bigger non denominational churches in Va Beach?

2. Reception sites- i want a romantic location for a private dinner reception that has a nice view. 

3. Any recommendations for florists, caterers, DJs, and of course photographers in the Hampton, Chesapeake but perferably Va Beach area. 

Thank you so much! 

Re: Virginia Beach Inquiries

• Options
    swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait, I'm confused. Are you getting married in Williamsburg or Virginia Beach? Or have you not decided yet?
    image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto that!  What's the deal?  Williamsburg or VB?
  • Options
    shukorinaa4shukorinaa4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent decided yet, i want to get as much information regarding both areas because I am not familiar with locations to have a wedding, photographers, florists, caterers, bakers, etc. 

Sorry for the confusion!

• Options
    swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok, I see. Well, in the future you should just say that in your post! Otherwise it seems like something weird is going on or you're trying to pull one over on us. None of us bite or anything (as far as I know) so you can be honest about what issues you're having. For instance, perhaps it would have been worthwhile for you to ask people about the pros and cons of getting married in Williamsburg vs. Va Beach?
    image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_virginia-beach-inquiries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:5e91fed7-9c0d-4d47-bdc2-46d2a5392971Post:3ad2ca0d-2975-4dd8-bd27-48b3f36cf5d9">Re: Virginia Beach Inquiries</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh ok, I see. Well, in the future you should just say that in your post! Otherwise it seems like something weird is going on or you're trying to pull one over on us. None of us bite or anything (as far as I know) so you can be honest about what issues you're having.<strong> For instance, perhaps it would have been worthwhile for you to ask people about the pros and cons of getting married in Williamsburg vs. Va Beach?</strong>
    Posted by swjb2010[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what you should have done. It helps if we have all the info. Especially in this case because a lot of vendors will work both locations (florists, DJs, caterers, etc).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes,

The photographer I suggested for you will also come to Virginia Beach. Like the girls said a lot of them will travel. Are you looking for something outdoors or indoors, a church?

I think one of the most important things first is to set a budget. Then think of how many guests will be attending. Think of the overall look or "theme" you want to go for and then start looking for places who will help you achieve your look. Of course you need to set a date as well! Then all the other stuff will fall into place!

Congrats on your enagement!
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    shukorinaa4shukorinaa4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thank you!  I have a budget, look and feel is fun, elegant and romantic. 

The date that we are looking at is first two weekends of November 2011 and location is now in the Tidewater area (Va Beach, Hampton, Norfolk or Chesapeake).

I want to ceremony to be in a church, i am still looking for one- therefore any suggestions would be appreciated. In addition, to any florists, bakers, photographers, caterers, DJs, etc. 

Sorry for the confusion in my earlier post! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oak Moon Photography

Norfolk Wholesale Florist
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards