Students

Bachelors degree in psychology...???

I am hoping to graduate next June with my bachelors in psychology. That's perfect, really, because we're getting married in September next year. I will be going to school (hopefully soon) for my masters once that is done, but we are discussing insurance and it sounds like I really need to get some sort of job with benefits.

Is there any decent job I can get with just my bachelors degree?

Re: Bachelors degree in psychology...???

• If you interested in or have research experience a lot of hospitals and universities have research positions for those with a BA or BS in psych. I went to a research I university though so that track was definitely pushed. 
  • I got my BA in psych and my first job right out of college was an HR Assistant. I did payroll, scanned resumes, coordinated interviews, and conducted new hire orientations. I loved it! 
  • I have my B.A. in Psych and am working on my Masters in Counseling Psych right now. I'm  currently working in education as a progam coordinator. I know many people  work in case management settings and human resources with their Psych B.A. It's definitely worth it to look into education especially at the community college level.
  • I'm specializing in child psychology, so I'm applying for a position as a parent aide/family assistant at a local psychologist's practice when I graduate. (minimum of a bachelor's is required) The job is basically to to demonstrate parenting skills and teach practical stuff like budgeting etc or serving as a supervisor during visitations.

• awolfe2awolfe2 member
    First Comment
    I'm getting my Master's in School Psychology and the program I'm in had a limited number of part-time positions in the program that came with benefits. They were very competivitive, but it's definitely something to consider as a possibility.
  • i'm sorry to say, but their really is no demand for psychology majors right now, not with this job market. i have so many friends looking for jobs, but with no success. the only way you will get a job or make money in the field is if  you continue your education and get a phD. a good job with benefits is being a teacher or possibly a school counselor. if i were you, i'd goto careerbuilder.com or monster.com, and look at all the job listings in your area for your major. you'd be surprised how low it is. i dont want to say to change your major, but i just want to let you know how difficult it will be for you on the road ahead.
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards