Florida-Central Florida

Last Name Change in Florida

Hello everyone!  Alright, I am SO confused and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need serious help.  I just got married a few weeks ago and we just received a copy of our marriage license in the mail.  I'm trying to figure out the process here to go about getting my name changed, but seriously, my eyes are crossing.  Nothing online is helping and nothing is specific and it's just a big mess.  I've been told I first need to now buy a COPY of my marriage license?  But I can't even find specifics on that.  This whole this is so frustrating.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm going crazy!!

Re: Last Name Change in Florida

• You need to get a copy of your marriage license from the court, then start at Social Security (it takes forever sometimes) and then do everything else like driver's license.
  • Question: Can you take a signed copy from the ceremony or do you have to wait for it to come in the mail
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • I just finished the whole process yesterday. 

The marriage license copy you should receive in the mail from the county is the one you will need. Once you get that, you first need to go to the Social Security office (I went to the one on Gatlin Ave off Semoran) and get that taken care of. You will need the marriage license and your current driver's license for that. They will give you your marriage license back.

Then, my new SS card came about 5 days later and then I made an appointment at the DMV to change my license. You will need your new SS card, your current driver's license, the marriage license, birth certificate, and two proofs of identity. (bills with your name/address on it) You get your new license while you're there. 

I was told you can't use the marriage license from the ceremony and that you have to wait for the certified one to come in the mail. Hope this helps! 
  • <div>
    </div><div>This was so helpful, thank you!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_last-name-change-in-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:69f74209-49c0-4d3b-9324-6061400e9d18Post:01ae677d-4907-421c-a313-07749e78b37e">Re: Last Name Change in Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just finished the whole process yesterday.  The marriage license copy you should receive in the mail from the county is the one you will need. Once you get that, you first need to go to the Social Security office (I went to the one on Gatlin Ave off Semoran) and get that taken care of. You will need the marriage license and your current driver's license for that. They will give you your marriage license back. Then, my new SS card came about 5 days later and then I made an appointment at the DMV to change my license. You will need your new SS card, your current driver's license, the marriage license, birth certificate, and two proofs of identity. (bills with your name/address on it) You get your new license while you're there.  I was told you can't use the marriage license from the ceremony and that you have to wait for the certified one to come in the mail. Hope this helps! 
    Posted by LB&BL2012[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards