Florida-West Coast
Options

potential venue

so in one of my previous posts (inexpensive venues), i came to you ladies for suggestions on locations...while i have been researching your ideas, i have been discovering some places of my own....here's what i have found, and if you have any experience (or know someone who does), please share it with me :)

hollis gardens in lakeland
cross creek ranch in dover

also, what is a reasonable distance to ask guests to drive to a venue...is an hour (to and from) to much?
keep on knotin' in the free world!

SEVIN

Re: potential venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know either of those venues...for distance, do you mean distance between ceremony and reception sites? If so, I would try to keep it to 30 minutes or less. More than that, and some people might choose to skip one event.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP regarding distance between reception and ceremony.  However if you mean between where most gueste would be traveling from to the site I think over an hour is fine, but maybe suggest hotels in the area for them to stay at if they don't want to make that trek all in one day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Sevin- I am getting married at Cross Creek Ranch on March 27th. I vaguely remember your post about inexpensive weddings- and If i remember correctly- your budget was $2500- for 100 people. I am completly thrilled with cross creek ranch and everything they have provided. we paid 1 price and it included almost everything- dj, food, place settings, decorations,  ceremony and reception location and set-up, cake, food, service people, bartenders, (we bring our own alcohol.) , wedding planner, flowers- (i think that is about everything) We were able to make monthly payments after paying the initial deposit, and it was by FAR the most budget friendly place I looked at!! Let me know if you have specific questions...

hope this helps...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards