Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Our wet, but wonderful wedding (PIP, Heavy)

It didn't go exactly as planned, and we had to put the rain plan into effect, but in the end it turned out better than I'd ever imagined. The love and support from our family and friends is truly the best part of the day. They inisisted that we have the ceremony outside as it was originally planned and they all bundled up in their rain jackets and their umbrellas. Here are a few of the pics we got back, we're waiting on the pics from the 2nd phototgrapher:
Getting ready...

Looking out the window, thinking about the day ahead and hoping that the rain would let up a bit.

Our guests...I love them all :)

My handsome husband

The light rain wasn't going to stop me from walking down the aisle!

We're married!!!

Our "lakeside" tent reception!

First dance, "I Only Have Eyes for You"

Dancing at the reception, Jump in the Line!

Re: Our wet, but wonderful wedding (PIP, Heavy)

• Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe so beautiful!! Too bad that it rained, but that most likely only made your day even more memorable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pics!  The one of you looking out the window is just stunning.  I love your veil!
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Love all of your pics.  The first one is my fave, it's beautiful! You look so happy in them! 

Congrats again!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love them, thanks for sharing! Rain means that your marriage is showered with blessings :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful wedding! Best wishes!
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :) It was the happiest day of my life, I really couldn't wait to walk down the aisle. Jess-I got the veil at L'atelier (if I remember correctly, you got your dress there too). I loved working with them, I feel like they are part of my family now :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  Congrats!
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Prettiest rainy wedding ever :)

• Options
    brink131brink131 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh how fun! Your pictures are beautiful! I love how positive you and your guests were about the rain!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask where you bought all of your umbrellas from?  My rain plan is also just a bunch of umbrellas (for our 15 minute ceremony), as we don't have another location.  I'm hoping to plan ahead and figure out where to buy them if I need to!
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looked lovely! I really like your makeup and hair-- stunning in the black and white!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_wet-but-wonderful-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:6418b219-1159-4367-9f9d-45d781d99087Post:fe179b34-9dad-4b89-bc25-407efb355cab">Re: Our wet, but wonderful wedding (PIP, Heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I ask where you bought all of your umbrellas from?  My rain plan is also just a bunch of umbrellas (for our 15 minute ceremony), as we don't have another location.  I'm hoping to plan ahead and figure out where to buy them if I need to!
    Posted by glitzy07[/QUOTE]

We just went to the dollar store that morning and bought them out.  We had a couple of large golf umbrellas and so did our photographer, so we used those as well. A lot of the guests had brought their umbrellas from their cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards