Ohio-Toledo

outside the box for outside wedding

anyone have suggestions for an outside wedding in toledo that is different and unique? i've been racking my brain for something out-of-the-ordinary and i may do a drive around this week. i am not opposed to our beautiful metroparks or the botanical gardens, but if i someone knows of a hidden gem, it would be helpful. thanks so much!

Re: outside the box for outside wedding

• edited December 2011
    There is a really cool place in Perrysburg and I cannot remember the name for the life of me!! It is not the 577 foundation but it does start with a number. I hope someone else sees this and knows what I am talking about!!
  • Heathc123Heathc123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    w w knight preserve?
    image 279 Made the cut!
    image 81 Are ready to party! image 39 Are missing out!
  • edited December 2011
    i am getting at olander park in sylvania; you can have the ceremony and recpetion there and the ceremony is outside on a deck that overlooks a lake
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you just looking for an outdoor ceremony or outdoor reception too?

If you are just looking for a ceremony site, I might suggest finding the reception hall first.  Since you are not set on a specific location, maybe you find a venue that you love for the reception and that will help you narrow down a ceremony site.

That's how we did it.  We found a reception hall and then chose to get married at Pearson Park which is the metropark that is closest. 

I just would hate for you to plan to have a reception downtown and fall in love with a ceremony site at Oak Opennings or something like that.  That would be kind of a far distance between the 2.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the 577 info, that place is awesome!

http://www.577foundation.org/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think it might be the w w knight preserve. Is that the one that is off some random road?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards