New York-Long Island

Huge ceremony music Dilema!!!

I just found out that my church has no sound system to play music for when I walk down the aisle.  Did anyone come across this problem? The priest suggested bringing in a radio and putting a mic next to it, but that is gonna creat feedback i would think. And its kinda ghetto.  I dont know what to do, if I just use a radio its not going to be loud enough, and if I turn up all the way it will be loud by the people who are close to it.  I def dont want an organist, it's just not my style.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Huge ceremony music Dilema!!!

• lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could hire an outside musician if your church will allow it.  We had our band (or at least a small part of the musicians!) play our ceremony and it was great.  We had a lot of options with them, for example, keyboard, acoustic guitar, upright bass, etc.  All of the musicians had their own equipment, so we didn't need to provide anything, which would be what you would need.  They played exactly what we wanted and we didn''t want all traditional (like an organist might play).   We used Soul Revival and they were amazing!  www.soulrevivalband.com  They were also reasonably priced.  

I hope that helps some!  Don't stress too much :-)
  • ren6121ren6121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about an acapella group?
  • edited December 2011
    I really want a song by Jason Mraz, and I dont think a band would be able to sound like him.  I am thinking about asking the dj what to do, but I feel that might get pricey.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    why not try it with the mike and see if there's feedback rather than stressing over if it MAY or MAY NOT be that way.
    also-they will have someone start and stop the music. surely people have done it before you.....why not ask the priest about it-or for the name and # of someone who did do it that way-call them and ask.

• edited December 2011
    Ask your dj to see if he'd bring a speaker set up for you.  My friend had that at her wedding out in jersey.  worked well.
  • edited December 2011
    do you know if it cost them a lot more?
  • inaJaMinaJaM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a big problem talk to mike at east end entertainment. they are running awesome band specials with millennium www.eastende.com They are a family owned and operated band and dj company . there is no middle and you save without sacrificing the qualty.   check them out for sure
  • edited December 2011
    Problem solved.

Please visit my website for all of your music needs.  Professional and portable PA system will be brought to the church along with a keyboardist with organ sounds so close to a church organ you'll be soooo impressed.

My company specializes in live music for ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, showers, cocktail hours.

Many different acts with pianos/guitars/ one man bands/ dueling pianos, acoustic band.

reduced pricing when booking multiple service

Contact me at www.johnardenmusic.com
    email is jarden68@optonline.net
    516 307 6065 cell.

Very easy problem to solve for us.

John
  • edited December 2011
    I went with John Arden Music, they were professional and very talented!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards