Indiana-Indianapolis

Honeymoon ideas for end of Aug beg. of Sept.

I know this is hurricane season, but we are looking for ideas for our honeymoon. We would like the Caribbean, but obviously we are limited and this is risky. Has anyone had to look into this for their honeymoon? 
Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon ideas for end of Aug beg. of Sept.

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands for our HM.  We had a great time, but it was pricey and not my first pick.  If we were to go back, we'd stay on St. John or Virgin Gorda.  They get hit by hurricanes occasionally, but I don't hear about hurricanes out there as much as I do other places in the Caribbean. 

We were supposed to go to Costa Rica (changed the day we left because of flight issues) and were going to stay at The Doubletree Puntarenas Resort.  For 2 Doubles, oceanfront it's $199/night and it's an all inclusive resort.  We're trying to figure out when we can go to CR and actually enjoy the HM we had originally planned.  I don't think you'd have any problems with hurricanes there. 

By comparison, we could only do 5 days on St. Thomas not all inclusive for what we could have done 9 days in Costa Rica. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards