Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Outdoor Ceremony Space??

Hello all! I was wondering if I could get some help. I'm getting married June 2013 in Pittsburgh and was trying to think of an outdoor ceremony venue. We're hoping to have our reception at The Priory, so I wanted to stick as close to that as possible. We've visited Phipps' outdoor garden, but I wanted something a bit more rural-like I guess. Something with a bigger area. Is there anywhere like that downtown? Even if it's just somewhere to go after the ceremony to take pictures. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Space??

• What about the Aviary?  It's VERY close to the Priory!
  • HeathenSwanHeathenSwan member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    West Park is on the north side, near CCAC Allegheny, and not far from The Priory. It's smallish, but has some areas that are pretty, particularly near Ridge and Brighton. I'm not sure if they allow events, but Point State Park is close (though I'm not sure about parking, either). They redid it so there is a wooded area in the center, and I think the fountain work may be done by then. Other than the Aviary, I'm not sure of where else might work around here (I live near the Priory).
  • Check out Mellon park in shady side. It is stunning!
    What a beautiful mess this is...
  • Is it possible to hold a ceremony there at mellon park? Another concern for me would be if I would have a place to get ready or not been seen for my "entrance" for any park area ceremony. We were also just trying to think of logistics and if we would have time between being out of phipps at 330pm and our reception starting at 5pm, if we could stop at like mellon park, or even anywhere else. I haven't personally been to mellon park, but the photos look very nice. The aviary seems pricey from what I gather from their website, unless I'm missing something... which is completely possible. Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep them coming! Any and all advice/ideas are welcome. :
  • I second the Aviary although it may be a bit much for just a ceremony location (think it was $750 last time I checked for a two hour ceremony window from 5p-7p which doesn't sound like it would fit in with your time window.

The park around Ridge and Brighton is nice, but there's a ton of foot traffic there and a dog park. Really nice for evening walks, but not sure how private it would be for a wedding ceremony. Pretty place for pictures though. Does the Priory have a courtyard area or anything that you could use?
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • You can do an outdoor ceremony at the Priory... they only provide seating for 20, but you can rent additonal chairs.... If I recall correctly she said that they can fit up to 200...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards