Ohio-Cincinnati

Dayton DJs? Photographers? Flowers?

I am having a wedding next year and now am hunting for an affordable but good dj and photographer in the Dayton area. Any suggestions? And how much should flowers cost? The Flowerman???

Re: Dayton DJs? Photographers? Flowers?

• edited December 2011
    We're going with UR Way Light and Sound for our DJ, and they are extremely resonable- $350 for 4 hours.

For our photographer, we're using Lisa Rice from Columbus. We just got our engagement pictures taken a few weeks ago and got the images a few days ago. They are amazing and she is extremely talented!

For our florist, we're going with The Flower Shoppe on Brown St. Mark seems really creative and with reasonable costs, too. The cost all depends on what you want- we're cutting expenses by not doing flowers for the church, not doing floral centerpieces, not doing a bouquet toss, no flowergirl, etc. We're only having flowers for the bridal party and parents/grandparents, and our total should be around $500.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    WOW! 350 FOR A DJ IS REALLY GOOD! I JUST EMAILED THEM! THANKS FOR THE INFO!
  • edited December 2011
    Here are our vendors:

Photographer:  Childer's photography
    DJ:  Rob D'Agostino ($100/hr)
    Flowers:  Furst Florist
  • dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We got our flowers from Kroger and they did an amazing job. The price they gave us was several hundred dollars cheaper than we found with a florist.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Galen Mitchell and loved him for our engagement session.  His prices are reasonable and I think he is a preferred Knot vendor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Does Krogers actually put everything together for you? I will have to look into that! Thanks for all the comments. :)
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I second Lisa Rice.  She did our engagement photos and we loved them.  She's based out of Columbus and travels often to Dayton and Cinci.

We went with The Wedding Designer but we almost went with Sherwood Florist, which is in Dayton.  They impressed us with their portfolio and their quote came way below many other florists.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mroberts2012mroberts2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i def second kroger for flowers. beautiful and really affordable.
    my photog travels to dayton and is really reasonable - rachel spears photography.
    my DJ also travels to dayton and he's awesome - dj steve the greek.
  • edited December 2011
    I just got a recommendation for JMesa Photography (www.jmesaphotography.com). His site is pretty impressive. Contemplating it myself!
  • edited December 2011
    We also used Lisa Rice for our e-pics and wedding and were thrilled with our photos. She is so sweet to work with and has a great eye.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards