Second Weddings
Options

XP AW: My flowers are done!! PIP

So as soon as I got engaged, my FMIL insisted that she was going to do my flowers. I was a bit hesitant for several reasons, because she wanted to use silk flowers (I wanted real ones), she's a big procrastinator, and she's got degenerating MS, so she isn't always "quite there". But FI convinced me to let her do it, he said it's really important with her MS that she feel like she can still do the things she used to, and this would help her feel that way. She'd done the flowers for FI's two sister's weddings, so it wasn't like she had never done them or something, so I said okay.

Well, yesterday I went down to visit with FI and she got my bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces all done! :D I'm really glad I let her do them, I'm so excited that I just want to share with everyone, I love how they look!

This is one of the bridesmaids' bouquets, I'm holding it apart from all the rest so it's easier to tell how it looks:

This is a picture of 5 of the finished bouquets:

This is MY bouquet. She did an amazing job on it, it's a cascading bouquet which was exactly what I wanted!

My bouquet from the side:

My centerpiece. Yes, that is one of the bridesmaids' bouquets. We didn't have a lot of money to spend on flowers, so I decided that we should have the bridesmaids' bouquets pull double duty. I think it looks great overall, it's exactly what I wanted.

Hooray, it's all starting to feel a little more real! I also mailed my invitations yesterday, so I'm going back and forth from excitement to panic, lol!

Re: XP AW: My flowers are done!! PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards