California-San Diego

Venue Suggestions...

Hey ladies, I'm a newbie... just introduced myself on the newbie poll post.

My FI and I have set a wedding date of 12-8-12 and have been contemplating whether we're going to get married in Colorado, where he's from, or here in the southern California area. My only reserves about Colorado is.. I might go crazy trying to plan a wedding from all the way over here knowing my resources are all going to be in Colorado. I'm a visual person, I need to see the process along the way!

Anyway, I was hoping any of you had some great venue suggestions in hopes that I can find a beautiful place both FI and I will love. :)

Re: Venue Suggestions...

• edited December 2011
    What are you looking for in a venue?  There are many great options here, but totally depends on what you want.  (oh and budget too :)  )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm w/ luvbug on this one! We'd love to help you. But can you give us a idea of what you're looking for? It would be helpful to know the approximate size of your guest list as well as a general venue/catering budget and things you like or dislike (ie: beach wedding / indoor ceremony etc.) Congrats on your engagement! :)
  • SheliaPierceSheliaPierce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Post your ideas about what you want and everyone here can chime in on suggestions. I totally planned my destination wedding without a wedding planner - so it can be done. You just gotta decide what you want. But budget, headcount/capacity and likes/dislikes can help everyone know how to respond.

• edited December 2011
    December here in CO can be lovely or a snow storm... San Diego on the other hand is consistant weather- tends to be clear and blue skies on most days. So depends if you are thinking snow or 65. If either are OK CO is great.  

Also think in terms of what you are looking for- fresh and locally grown? Yeah not in CO in the winter. Fresh flowers? Shipped in or greenhouse for CO... though you get awesome winter pines and such. 

So figure out what is most important to you then determine which location will provide it. Either way prices seem to be pretty close- though up in the mountains it will start to be high season where it is mostly off season for San Diego.
  • edited December 2011
    The Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort is a beautiful venue for 80 guests or less. :)
  • 123861123861 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bali Hai doesn't charge a venue fee as much as was told,it's on Shelter Island  and newly renovated.
    I agree with everyone else,what do the 2 of you like?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards