Snarky Brides
Options

Pro gift table picture??

I was looking through two different albums on FB of people who got married.  They both had pictures up of their gift table.  I find it horribly tacky.  Not something I need to remember or want to remember.

What do you think?
It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pro gift table picture??

• Options
    Maybe they took it for insurance purposes.
  • Options
    Wrapped boxes? 
  • Options
    Yeah, for their wrapped box policy.
  • Options
    I'm going to put a hidden camera on my gift table, to catch all the card theives I keep hearing about.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Haha!  I would love to see that!
  • Options
    It's kind of odd but maybe the photographer took pictures of everything.  Then maybe it got posted by accident in a mass facebook photo upload?

I'm trying to give the person the benefit of the doubt....although it's rather difficult.
  • Options
    We got access to our pro pics this weekend and the photographer took a picture of the gift table. I remember thinking to myself, "that's strange". Maybe she just put all of the pro pics on FB with out censoring them.
  • Options
    I don't really see anything wrong with it.  I mean don't people take photos of bunches of presents under the Christmas tree?  A mountain of presents is exciting, no matter which way you slice it.
  • Options
    leaynleayn member
    First Comment
    I don't really see how that is tacky.  It is part of the day like everything else and the stuff looks all pretty with the wrapping and bows and stuff.  I have always seen that photo in wedding shots and never thought twice about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My FMIL took a picture of all my wedding shower gifts...I didn't find it tacky but I have no purpose for the photo.
  • Options
    PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    Meh. If my photographer happened to take a picture of it I don't think I'd bother digging it out and deleting it for fear of people findng it tacky.

Now if they specifically requested it or it's the main album picture or something, that's different. But I think it was probably just the photographer trying to get everything.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • Options
    I have pro pics of my gift table. I didn't ask for them, but it's nice to have a photo of everything wrapped and pretty, with my card box in the middle. I don't see anything tacky about pretty packages on a table.

Now, a photo of the bride and groom about to pounce and rip into them, that's a different story...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards