Pre-wedding Parties

Shower photography?

Is it common to have the photographer at the bridal shower?
The bride's photog's hourly fee is reasonable. Would it be nice to gift her photography as my [MOH] shower gift? [As a future bride, it's something I'd really enjoy.]
Follow Me on Pinterest
Anniversary

Re: Shower photography?

• I personally think that depends on the bride....we had a photographer at a friend's shower, #1 because he is good friends with the MOH (bride's sister) so it was very reasonable, but #2 because the bride herself admits she's horrible at taking pictures and always regrets not having any. (when we went to vegas for her bachelorette she handed someone else her camera for the trip because she knew she wouldn't take any)

The MOH paid for it and the bride LOVED it. (we also ordered $18 photo books off living social that we're going to load all of the pictures into for her)
  • I've never been to a bridal shower with a photographer. Ask yourself this would the bride be comfortable opening langerie in front of a stranger and having it photographed? If the answer is no skip it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:e08ebbf2-d6ee-4158-b6de-9bd7a01bb6c3Post:b44dae23-48c7-44b3-8b2e-9a6a1cf221fd">Re: Shower photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been to a bridal shower with a photographer. Ask yourself this <strong>would the bride be comfortable opening langerie in front of a stranger and having it photographed?</strong> If the answer is no skip it.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't care about a stranger....however I wouldn't feel comfortable opening it in front of my grandmothers!

Never seen a photographer at a shower though.  Usually you can lots of nice photos from the guests.
  • I got a photographer for my shoJwer.. She also happens to be my FI's cousin. I am also not a picture person, so I felt I would benefit from this.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:e08ebbf2-d6ee-4158-b6de-9bd7a01bb6c3Post:2e11bf6c-1558-455b-b79e-fdde9550bf82">Re:Shower photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a bride or a guest, I would be really uncomfortable with this. Like make up an excuse and bail uncomfortable if I were a guest. So, it really depends on the person.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Bail? Really?

People will be taking pics anyways. Usually they come out pretty crappy.  If it is in your budget to hire one for her I think that is a nice gesture. I would be happy to get that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards