Wisconsin
Options

Amelishan Bridal deposit question

Last weekend, I went to Amelishan Bridal and found my wedding dress.  It was my first time there and I could get the 10% off the dress.  I wanted to wait to purchase the dress to see if I could get it somewhere else for less money, however I felt pressured that if I left the store and decided to come back that I would be losing out on money.  I decided to put $200 down on the dress to secure the 10% off.  This was not the full amount for the deposit and I was planning on ordering the dress.  I have found out today that I could get the dress for $60 less plus not have to worry about paying an enormous fee for alterations.  I also feel after thinking over my experience that Amelishan did not measure me correctly.  I am not comfortable with my experience and I have decided that I don't want to go ahead and place the order since I was going to give them the rest of the money this Friday.  Has anyone here shared this experience and were you able to get your money back when you did not place the full deposit?

Re: Amelishan Bridal deposit question

• Options
    toxictwistedtoxictwisted member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Amelishan and I had a totally different experience.  (I worked with Jean.)  When I first went to look at dresses back in February of 2009, I went by myself and tried on probably 10 to 12 dresses.   Late on that night, I came back with my mom and sister.  However, at that time I didn't put down any money because my dress was $1300 and I wanted to look around to see if I find it cheaper somewhere else. In the mean time, I didnt look anywhere else for my dress because I knew I had found my dress.   I waited until the end of the  year to buy my dress and saved myself a ton of money.  I got my veil and dress at the end of 2009 for $850. 

I hope this helps and if you need anyone to go with you to go dress shopping, let me know.  I live in West Bend.
  • Options
    toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress there, as well...but just didn't worry about the 10% off...not that I couldn't have used the money, but didn't want to be pressured into buying my dress that day...I tend to be indecisive. Anyway....I have to say they were NOT my favorite botique I looked at, but that is where I happend to find my dress. I LOOOOVED that one in Cedarburg...is it Stone Manor? Smaller...but FANTASTIC customer service. I wish I would have found my dress there. BUT...I also tried on a great corset there, which I will at least be going back to get. Best of luck with Amelishan(if thats what you do). I have to say I am thrilled to be done with them...I have decided to use an outside vendor to alter the dress....my lady (I cannot remember her name) was of so little help, and quite annoying actually. That being said...they sure do have a great selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I decided to go with the dress there but go elsewhere for the veil and other hairpiece accessories.  I chose to keep the dress there since I have bridesmaids in Milwaukee that may be interested in the 10% off their dresses.  Was your consultant's name Joan?
  • Options
    toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could have been Joan. She was older.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I did not see anyone else there who was older like Joan.  It sounds like we had the same consultant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards