Maryland
Options

Any thoughts?

Hello fellow maryland brides! My fiance and i are getting married next june! We just recently got engaged and really want to get engagement pictures done for save the dates and just to have. We live on the Eastern Shore so would want them done over here. The only problem is that he is in the Coast Guard and has to leave again August 10th. Any thoughts on how we could get some done before then? most of the big name photographers in the area are already booked all the way through september! 

Re: Any thoughts?

• Options
    Try DIY? My sister (who was 14 at the time) is a budding photographer and was delighted when we asked her to take our engagement pics. We're book lovers, so we picked out nice-but-comfy clothes and headed to the library. Her pics were great and so personal, and she even designed our save-the-dates as an engagement gift. We're doing a longish engagement, so at the one-year mark we went with one of the groomsmen, who also does photos, back to where FI proposed and took celebration pics. Again, it was fun and personal and we were really happy with the results (they are now highlighted on our wedding website).

I realize it depends a bit on how professional you want your shots to look, but in my opinion the more casual, personal experience was really meaningful--and it only takes one flattering shot to get a save-the-date-worthy pic.
  • Options
    Check with Raye of Gillette Portrait Arts in Snow Hill. She is pretty flexible with scheduling, and will do her best to get people on her schedule. plus, her work is great and she's a pleasure to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards