Arizona-Phoenix

Living in San Diego..

We both live in San Diego but are getting married in Sedona because of his family.. I have never been to Sedona so I don't even know where to start. Anyone living in that area think they can help  me out with some ideas or even a starting point..?

Re: Living in San Diego..

• edited December 2011
    Do you have a venue?
  • edited December 2011
    I love Sedona.  There are so many places to start with. If you can afford it, maybe consider hiring a wedding planner from up there who can help you with the details.  I've been to weddings up there that were very small and cozy as well as very large ones. How many people are you planning on having at the wedding? 
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Sedona on October 8th and can't wait! It's so great up there. How many people, indoors/outdoors, reception and ceremony or just ceremony?

We are getting married at Amara Resort and Spa but we also looked at Sedona Rouge, L'Auberge, and the Hilton. L'Auberge was definitely the nicest but it was super expensive for our guests to stay there and it was overall out of our price range. But if you can afford it or are willing to compromise on the reception details than it's a great venue. 

My best advice is use the vendors that the venue typically works with. We made the mistake of booking our photographer, officiant and floral with vendors in Phoenix and it's been complicated. They should have a preferred vendor list so I would highly suggest working with them, which means booking early! 

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! I have been working with lots of vendors up there and have lots of vendor lists if you need suggestions. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards