Wyoming

Ceremonies in Grand Teton National Park

Still exploring options in Jackson!

You can have your wedding in the park for a $50 wedding permit fee.

Schabacher's Landing is a very popular place to have a ceremony.  It's in the park but you can get to it without going through a pay station (so no park entrance fee!).

Of all the photos I see of people having their ceremonies here, pretty much everyone is standing.  In fact, they do not allow chairs:

"No structures of any kind are allowed, including tents, chairs, tables, bands, barbeques, sound systems, props, etc. unless inside a concessions building and within the scope of the concessioner's permit or contract."

So in this case, standing ceremonies have to be allowed.  It's done often too.  I hear over and over on here that that's a no-no, yet every single wedding photographer in Jackson has done a wedding there.

It's just getting me thinking.  I do not have any eldery guests.

Re: Ceremonies in Grand Teton National Park

• edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married there recently. I didn't attend, but if you want me to ask her any specific questions, let me know and I'll give her a call. 
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure!  If she's a close enough friend.  I guess I'd like to know if the guests were OK, and did she have a rain plan!
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to my friend. She didn't actually get married at Schwabacher's, but somewhere else in the park. She said you're not technically supposed to bring anything in (chairs, tents, etc.) She said they brought chairs and know other people that have, and that it's all about trying to be sneaky and hope a park ranger doesn't come by :) Her rain plan was their reception site - The Museum of Wildlife Art. I guess they could have technically moved the ceremony there if they had to.

The friend of a friend who got married at Dornan's on Friday in a downpour just waited a bit for the weather to clear. You couldn't see the mountains in her pictures but it was still beautiful. Then they moved into the tent for the rest of the night. The people I know who attended said it was nice, but a little too public for their taste. It is slowing down a bit here, but there are still plenty of tourists about.

• ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for checking Dawn! 

I'm assuming The first lady had to pay to rent the Museum as a backup, even though she didn't actually use it?

I actually talked with the Dornan's lady on Friday and she mentioned how Saturday was going to be cold and rainy.  It's good people still had a nice time!

Really hoping to hear back from the Snake River Lodge & Spa people this week, because that was actually cheaper.  Go figure!  But of course they probably have hidden fees and stipuations.  I need to know this stuff soon!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend that got married in the park had already planned on using the museum just for the reception, so she did pay for use of it that day.

The Dornan's people got married on Friday-when she tried to book it for a Saturday, they were booked all summer & had no Saturdays left...something to think about. Weather is super unpredicatable here no matter what time of year it seems, so a rain plan is always a good idea I think. My sister's first visit out here was in July about 8 years ago and it snowed. She's from Fla. & was not amused!

Good luck!! Post when you find something!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards