Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon in September

Hi!  My fiance and I are starting to plan our HM and would be traveling the beginning of September.  We have heard that we should stay away from the Caribbean due to hurricanes at that time of year.  Any ideas??  Any islands that you recommend for that time of year??  What about Belize or other ideas?

Our other thought was to to go to Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora but was concerned about the expense?  And is it possible to not have to spend a million dollars but stay at a nice place??

Thanks in advance...any feedback is much appreciated!!!  We need help!!!
:)

Re: Honeymoon in September

• Options
    Personally I would not rule out the islands because of hurricanes.  Unless you have really bad luck the chances of a hurricane hitting is actually really slim (about 2-3%).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Good to know!  Thanks!
  • Options
    Does it have to be an island?  How long do you have and what type of a budget are you looking at?

We traveled around Europe for our September HM.  If you have the time/budget, there are some great beaches on the Amalfi Coast in Italy and plenty of other cities to see/things to do.

If you're set on an island, I agree with PP - buy hurricane insurance and go to the Caribbean anyway.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    I will also be taking a September HM and I was talking with a Sandals travel agent about the Caribbean at that time of year. This is what I was told :

Busiest time of year - November through June

Months with rain - June through October

Rainiest month - September (first two weeks specifically )

Rain in Caribbean means it lasts for an hour then the sun comes out, not all day

Best Sandals areas to visit in September - St. Lucia and Antigua (farther south than others)

We have decided that we are still heading to the Caribbean, but will just pick between St. Lucia or Antigua so we have a smaller chance of bad weather.

Good luck !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!

We were looking at 4-6k for a budget and were hoping to spend 10-14 days.  We were set on an island/beach vacation but the Amalfi coast does sound amazing too!!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    We're going on our HM in September too. We've been looking at AI in Mexico or Belize. Just buy insurance and you should be fine.
  • Options
    Thanks!  What resorts in Belize are you looking at?
  • Options
    We are planning a trip to Aruba for our honeymoon. We will be staying there Sept 5th-12th. I've been reading a lot of blogs about it and it seems to be the best option that we've found.
  • Options
    We have gone to cancan in sept for last 2 yrs an it's gorgeous so dnt rule it out! I have lots of pics if ya wanna see
  • Options
    Thank you girls!  Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards