Ohio-Cleveland

Rustic Venue Near Hudson/Akron that includes Catering?

I am having trouble finding a rustic venue (I'm all about wood beams).  I've looked at barns, but can't bring myself to pay just to rent the facility, plus chairs, tables, and linens... and then going through the hassle to find a perfect caterer.  Does anyone know of a place that has a lodge/barn feel and does their own food?  The ceremony will likely be at St. Mary's in Hudson, so I'd like the reception to be around half an hour away or closer.  Thanks!

Re: Rustic Venue Near Hudson/Akron that includes Catering?

• Hey, I'm from the Hudson area as well. Have you looked into Happy Days lodge? Although Im not sure if they offer catering or not... 
  • Happy Days does not offer catering. Its a BYOC venue. I am looking for the same type of venue, but I am looking for someplace that will let me BYOC. Old Carolina BBQ is excellent food, and the quote we recieved is $3,500 for 150 people. We are looking for a barn type feel, so will probably be going with Conrad Botzum Farmstead. Thats about $2,000 to book. Our rentals wil be done through Sully's in Akron, and cost $1,000 for all tables, chairs, bars, and heaters. It is so beautiful that decorations, uplighting, etc isnt needed.

So all together that costs us $6,500. That is anywhere from $1,000 - $4,000 less then what the other "all inclusive" venues could offer for the same exact thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you both!  Maybe I will start looking at catering options and rentals since it would be comparable to (or cheaper than) doing all-inclusive.  If you don't mind me asking, Kelli, what is included with Old Carolina for the price you're paying?
  • Lets see . . .

4 hours of on-site time
    Staff in formal attire
    Cake cutting assistance
    Table bussing
    Tax and any service charge
    Delivery

Hickory Smoked Hand Pulled Pork
    Garden Herb Rubbed Chicken Breasts
    Hickory 2x Smoked Rib Bones
    Baked Beans
    Coleslaw
    Mashed Potatoes
    Mac and Cheese
    Dinner Rolls
    Salad
    Iced Tea
    Lemonade
    Coffee Station for dessert
    Veggie Tray
    2 Fruit Trays
    Cheese and Cracker Tray

The deposit to book them is also only $250. I was pretty excited about that !

You can email me at kelli.mencke1@yahoo.com for any other questions, and I can also send you a copy of the quote I recieved from them, so you can see how everything breaks down !

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another place in CVNP is Hines Hills Conference Center...for the rental fee you get the use of the Conference Center, Stone Cottage, rustic barn AND the grounds. Quite a deal if you ask me. You have to use a list of their caterers, but they do include Old Carolina. We are having both the ceremony and recption at Hines Hills this summer and couldn't be happier. The place is so beautiful that you don;t need much in the way of decorations. We are paying $1,800 for 10 hours. 

Follow Me on Pinterest diy-paper-flowers-5
  • Thanks everyone... I did look at Hines Hill and it's too small for what we're thinking (125-150).  It does look really beautiful, though.
  • Jenjs4Jenjs4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm not sure what your budget is, but have you looked at the new Tudor Arms Hotel in Cleveland? It's located at 10660 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, near Case Western Reserve University. Below are some pictures of the rental space.

• A little farther away, but the Fieldcrest in North Canton has a lodge feel and does their own catering.  http://www.fieldcrestofnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=10#wedding 
    IIRC, I think the all inclusive prices started in the $25/pp range? They also have beautiful grounds for pictures. 
  • Fieldcrest is a little far for us.  We have family coming from the Cleveland area, so we would prefer a place between Akron and Cleveland rather than out towards Canton.  Jenjs4- I love the look of the Tudor Hotel!  Do you know the cost per person?  It's not listed online, but I could do some emailing.  Thanks everyone!
  • Jenjs4Jenjs4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Since it is in Cleveland the prices are high and there is a room rental fee. The all inclusive Packages start at $100 per person. This does include:
    • cocktail receptions with vegetable crudite, dips and chees display
    • 3 different passed hors d'ouevres
    • salad you have choices
    • buffet (choice of 3 entrees) or plated
    • choice of 3 side dishes
    • 5 hours of full bar
    • complimentary entree tasting
    • complimentary champagne toast
    • cake, gift and place card tables
    • all china, glass and silver ware
    • champagne table linens and napkins
    • bridal suite
  • What about Skyview Lodge in Brunswick? It's beautiful! It's very simple and it's the log cabin feel with a beautiful view and there a gazebo for the ceremony as well. I know people who have had weddings there and to me it's perfect and not overly done. Having said that, most of the weddings I've been to there were on a smaller budget much like my own wedding.
  • Book Happy Days and have Robert J Events and Catering do your food!  They do everything from bar, plated or buffet dinners, food stations, cake cutting, everything!  Bob is WONDERFUL to work with, I have used him for many, many events.  They know how your guests want to be treated, can work with any budget to create whatever menu you would like and I guarantee if you book him, you have nothing to worry about!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards