October 2012 Weddings
Options

Garter Song

What are you ladies playing while the man who caught the garter puts it on the girl who caught the bouqet? 

Re: Garter Song

• Options
    We're only doing the bouquet toss, nothing else.  Sorry I can't help!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Wait, i've never heard of this tradition. What if she doesn't want some stranger up her skirts, is wearing a thong, or just nothing? This has serious embarrassment potential.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm not doing a garter toss or bouquet toss at all. And I feel like every wedding I've been to where they've done it, it ends up being kids or something so they don't do the put the garter on dance haha. So I'm no help!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Were not doing that! I've never seen anyone do it either and I would be uncomfortable with it. I usually see little 5 year olds catch the garter anyway and think its a slingshot or something. Talk about AWKWARD! Guess if you're having an adult only reception a kid can't catch it but still I'd be uncomfortable have a guy I could possibly not know put a garter on my leg that was just taken from another womans leg I would try NOT to catch the bouquet if I knew that's what happened afterwards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only way we're doing this is on the extreme off chance that the girl who catches the garter is already in a relationship with the guy who catches the garter.  More likely we'll just get pictures with the four of us. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

We aren't having him put it on her or dancing, we're just gonna have them take a couple pics together. But the song that we're playing during the removal and toss is Foxy Lady: Jimi Hendrix

October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • Options
    Please please please only do this if he's putting it on her ARM! I've been to a wedding where he put it on her leg and it was so unbelievably awkward to watch, and I can't imagine if I'd been the one involved in it.

I caught the bouquet at a wedding in April and honestly feared that happening, and was very thankful when the only thing we did together was a picture.

Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    we aren't having the guy put it back on the girl. But for the garter removal FI requested Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love" for the toss he wants "The Original Mortal Kombat Them Song" and for the bouquet toss I want them to play Volbeat "A Warriors Call"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing both a garter and bouquet toss but not doing the thing where the guy who caught it puts it on the girl who caught the bouquet. I haven't actually seen this done in real life, other than in tv shows like 4 weddings. Personally, I think it would be really awkward to watch so we won't be doing this.
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Options
    Rihanna S&M
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 210 Invited to Our Weddingimage
    90 Are Ready to Partyimage
    19 Are Missing a Great Timeimage
    101 Can't Find the MailboximageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    im having my FI take the Garter off..but were handing the Garter and toss bouquet off to the longest non-married couple..to help maybe be the next couple getting married. lol..Were using the Mission Impossible Theme song for FI to remove the garter from my leg.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards