New York-Hudson Valley
Options

**SSAGE**

Steph -
Question for you  ....
Since we both had the same Officiant....how long did it take you to get your license?

We've had to call him twice.....the Town Clerks Office is telling us they should have received it by now....he keeps telling me he has a pdf of the license which has no lgegal standing but he's not actually telling us when he in fact mailed the license. I sent him an email tonight saying if it was this week I don't mind - I just want to maike sure
it didn't get lost in the mail.  If it is lost we have to go thru all these friggin steps again (ie: take the morning off from work and then they have to mail it to him and once they receive it we have to coordinate a date for our witnesses to take the morning off)   UGH --- just wondering what happened with you?

Thanks Doll  Kiss
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: **SSAGE**

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  No problem!
    To be honest, I don't remember how long it took but I didn't think it was long..a couple of weeks.  he gave our best man a photocopy of the signed license on the day of the wedding (which I still have) and I would say we got it by thanksgiving for sure (we got married the week before halloween)
    I defintely didn't have any issues with the license...so sorry you are having problems!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks Steph. Well if all else fails we'll just have to redo the signing. I'll wait til the end of next week if it doesn't turn up we'll go to plan B.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011

LEE...any udpate?

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Town Clerk finally received it yesterday and they were putting it in the mail TODAY. The girl was so sweet and was so excited to call me.

This is after Ralph sent him an email explaining the ordeal we would have to go through if we do not get this sooner rather then later.  And asked for the exact date when he mailed license!  ...... The girl @ the clerks office told me it was  post marked MAY 20TH! So in essence he just mailed it out this week. Hmmm bizzare and he told me he mailed it right away. Whatever I just can't wait til its in my hands.

SinceI have your attention -- I just put the new hubby on my health insurnce now I know I have to change things w/ DMV but I know I'm suppose to call SS as well. Is there a special division of SS you're suppose to speak to? Am I doing this all ass backwards? Which wouldn't surprise me! hahahahahaha  ... Let me know cause I'm sure you know :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    I am glad it was finally taken care of!

I am PM'ing you on the other.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011