Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor lighting

Hello!
I have never posted here before. I became a member and got married almost 4 years ago.

Right now, I am trying to help my bestfriend plan her outdoor wedding (on a budget!) She found a park that she is completely in love with, and she is set on having her evening wedding there. The only problem is that once the sun goes down, the park is pitch black and you can't see anything. I was thinking christmas lights, paper lanterns, candles, etc. to light up the area. Do you think that would be enough???? She is afraid it might stil be too dark. Does anyone have experience lighting an outdoor space? Do you have any suggestions?

Re: Outdoor lighting

• Options
    Can she have her wedding after dark there at all? Lots of local parks here close at sunset, so they don't have lights at all. If the park is closed, she may need to mover her time up or find a different venue. I'd have her check to make sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Are there enough outlets to power the Christmas lights and lanterns? We used string lights, large candle centerpieces and large candle lanterns throughout the reception area. There were a few lights existing already in the yard, and we had plenty of light.
  • Options
    When we got married, the party was outdoors and there was no moon, so it was pretty dark. We just used tons of mason jars filled with candels and they did the job pretty well. Natural fire helps with the outdoorsy feel too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards