South Carolina-Charleston

Newbie needs advice :)

Hi ladies!

As a newbie to the Charleston board, let me introduce myself.

The fiance and I moved to Charleston in October of last year, with the thought of planning a wedding back home in Iowa for when he finishes up school (in the fall of 2012!) However, these past 7 months have been fantastic, and we decided we would rather have a smaller wedding here with our closest family and friends where we could share our love for Charleston with them.

We recently decided that since this spring has been so beautiful, we would like an April wedding (in 2012).  I realize that is still a ways away, but we want to get started planning.  We both want a wedding/reception near or on the water - either the Charleston harbor or out on Folly Beach.  We don't want anything too formal as that's just not us.  Any suggestions for venues?

Sorry this is so long, but I look forward to getting to know you all more!
Kacie
P1131150

Re: Newbie needs advice :)

• edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome Kacie. Sorry I dont have any suggestions, but welcome. And I'm sure there are plenty of girls here will help. Just need to wake them up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Island House, Charleston Yacht Club, and Charleston Maritime Center are all nice locations on the water.  The Rice Mill House may be a little pricier, also on the marina.  Welcome to the board and good luck w/your planning!
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant (where we got married) overlooks the harbor and isn't too pricey.

Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner isn't on the harbor, but it is on the water.  It's also very affordable.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Alhambra Hall too.  Its a beautiful location.  If you are a resident of Mt. Pleasant its a real steal.  You'll need to book one year in advance.  Check their website b/c the venue books up really quick for the prime wedding saturdays in the summer.  The dates open to Mt. Pleasant residents on one date and then to everybody else on another.  I've heard that some people stand in line early in morning to get the dates they want.  Also consider The Citadel Beach House, The Cotton Dock at Boone Hall Plantation, The Landing on Shem Creek and Cottage on the Creek on Shem Creek. Oh and The Creek Club at I'On
    We're going to second-line into the New Year! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh one more...you can also rent the SC aquarium for events.  Also you can do a boat cruise through the harbor.  My friend recently did this and said it was quite affordable.  Okay, I'm done! (can you tell I just recently did all this research, lol!)
    We're going to second-line into the New Year! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • shannjeffshannjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rented a beach house on folly beach...email me at shann20lov@aol.com for more details and to ask questions...be glad to help!
  • norsernnorsern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!
    P1131150
  • Christa520Christa520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christa Harder Photography LLC

www.christaharder.com

ChristaHarderPhotography@gmail.com

***No Travel Charges for NC, SC, and GA!***
  • alliemwolfalliemwolf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake: Elaine Cakes  (amazing!)  both my sisters used her and I am as well.  http://www.elainesevents.com/

Florist:  Debra from blooming occasions, she is very sweet and will do anything for you!  highly recommended.  debramcevoy@bellsouth.net

Marni Photography-pricey, but she is great!!  http://www.marnipictures.com/enter.htm

They all know me as we have used them now 3 times so if you need more info let me know.  My reception place burnt down and I live in NC.  Debra went every week to my new reception place and took pictures of it for me since I couldnt be there.  Wonderful sweet lady!
    Allie H BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards