Missouri-Kansas City

best place for dress shopping

I am looking for a place to get my dress! My budget is about 3000. I want an experience and not to be ignored! Any adviice would be appreciated!

Re: best place for dress shopping

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_place-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:5611fa0a-1943-43bc-a852-8a471eb44577Post:2b154af0-c0ac-4c7c-940a-43adbe6fe81e">Re: best place for dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my dress at Mia's in Olathe. I loved my consultant, Claire. She was such a help and checked on me everytime I was in for fittings, even though her job was finished.
    <p>Posted by Rockerchick842[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>I worked with Claire at Mia's too...she's amazing!  I ended up buying my dress online but Mia's is doing the alterations.  great service and great work.  i've enjoyed the experience.</p>
  • I got mine at Bridal Solutions. They're at a brand new location now too. Loved everyone there!
  • off topic....but Mikki I love your bouquet inspiration!
  • I went to probably 6 places in KC and Mia's and Belle Vogue were my favorite.  I love that Mia's had the pictures of the dresses on the bags (in so many other stores I'd pull a dress from what I could see of it in a packed rack only to find out the bottom was awful...this eliminated that let down).  I ended up going with Belle Vogue.  They were great to work with and my dress came in MONTHS early (not an endorsement to order late, just FYI)!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_place-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:5611fa0a-1943-43bc-a852-8a471eb44577Post:2abc315d-e666-4ca6-abc1-4d3c6cf9ed65">Re: best place for dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]off topic....but Mikki I love your bouquet inspiration!
    Posted by kelleyku05[/QUOTE]

Thank! It's been my siggy forever cause I hadn't been on in a little while.
  • This was one of my big questions as well and I decided on Ida's Bridal, Mia's Bridal, and Bridal Extraordinaire! With each one of these appointments the day got better and better. Bridal Extraordinaire was amazing and that's where I ended up getting my dress, the first day surprisingly! I never thought that would happen. You go into your own separate room with your friends/family and consultant and it was definitely my favorite experience of the three:)

• I went to Group USA, Nolte's & Gown Gallery. I'd also had appointments at Ida's and Bridal Extraordinaire, but cancelled after I found my dress. I'd recommend any of them, as well as The Savvy Bride.

I (being honest) had initally rolled my nose about going to Group USA (I used to get my homecoming and prom dresses there - wasn't my first thought for bridal) but was pleasantly surprised. There was a lot of variety both in style & price as well as personalized attention. I had several from there that were "top contenders".

Nolte had beautiful gowns but it is not a place for a lower budget. I worked with Donna & she was great. They are sometimes able to work out a deal for you but don't go there "looking" for a deal, YKIM?

Gown Gallery was great. That's where I actually got my dress. I had personalized attention and they were able to find several dresses in my budget and styles I liked. I've worked with them a couple of times and have always had a good experience.

I have worked with Ida's before (for BFF's wedding) and they gave her personalized attention. They had a ton of dresses in different prices and styles. Great service.

The Savvy Bride is actuallly a consignment shop and while some gowns are "once worn" there are also a lot of 'new with tags". I was surprised at the amount of dresses available for selection and is perfect for a bride wanting a new/like-new dress on a budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

The journey of one thousand miles begins with one step.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards