North Carolina-Outer Banks

Reception Music

Hello!!! 

We are getting married at "The Dream" in OBX on 5/8/13! :)

Wondering if anyone worked with Any Lawrenson as a DJ?

Reviews please! :)

Re: Reception Music

• Hello! I am getting married at "the dream" 06/26/13 - maybe you can share some tips with me when you get back! I have talked with John Harper who comes highly recommended, but unfortunately he already has a wedding booked on June 28 and he only travels to the 4x4 areas once per year. I just booked Matt Cooper with outer banks music masters. I've heard great things about him, he is very personable and seems like he is really on board with whatever you want. John Harper actually recommended him to me, and from what I have heard, John Harper is a trust worthy guy. Matt charges $200/hour with an extra $100 for travel. I think he has a 3 hour minimum. I have not heard of the DJ you mentioned, but I am also not too familiar with the area and vendors.

Are you planning on having the reception outside on the deck?
    Have you booked a wedding day planner? If so, who?
    Who have you booked for flowers and cake?
    Did you book someone for linens and tables? If so, who?
    How many people will you have? I am planning on having the wedding party and parents stay in the house and the others will likely have to stay another home if they choose to rent or the Hampton Inn. Any other suggestions?

There is so much to plan, it's crazy!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_reception-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:b83f34ad-73b5-4718-bab2-7a3d9ac8feb9Post:2ce22d80-666b-42ee-a0e3-ef4468cdf686">Reception Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!!!  We are getting married at "The Dream" in OBX on 5/8/13! :) Wondering if anyone worked with Any Lawrenson as a DJ? Reviews please! :)
    Posted by Alang022285[/QUOTE]
  • I talked with Andy at the wedding expo and we liked his vibe, however, when trying to get in touch with him, he never called me back. After trying to contact him a few times, I decided I didn't want someone I had to chase down. We ended up going with Outer Banks Music Masters but Matt Cooper already had a wedding that day to do so his partner, Johnny did ours. Matt did all the planning ahead of time with us and Johnny didn't do a bad job, he just wasn't super enthusiastic or anything and I've heard Matt is really, really great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards