Chit Chat
Options

Gifts for Bridesmaids

I am having an issue picking gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen.

My maid of honour has said to me that she will not wear or use: Jewellery, a purse, makeup, spa services etc. She is soooo picky. The other girls are very picky as well. I don't want to waste money on something they will not use.

As well, we do not want to get the groomsmen something typical like a flask as previously, one of the groomsmen commented that if he receives one more engraved piece of junk for being in a wedding, he will scream.

How much are you supposed to spend as well? Any ideas on gifts?

Re: Gifts for Bridesmaids

• Options
    Shop like it's their birthday.  They don't all have to get the same thing, and something related to your wedding is not a gift.  Same goes for the groomsmen (though picking those gifts is your FI's responsibility.)  What you spend depends on your budget, but especially if your attendants are spending a lot of their own money to be in the wedding, their gift should be one of the last places you cut corners on your budget.

I don't think your MOH is being unbearably picky.  I wouldn't have use for any of that stuff either.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    What does your MOH like? You can get her concert or sports event tickets, gift certificates to her favorite book or clothing store, restaurant gift cards, some wine glasses and a nice bottle of wine. Maybe a cooking class or a day doing wine tasting?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I got my bms all different things based on their personalities. One girl I bought earrings because she LOVED that partic designer and couldn't afford a pair. Another I bought Rockies tickets. It depends on the person.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Honestly, a thank you gift is supposed to be a symbol of appreciation. If your bridesmaids can't appreciate it, we'll too bad so sad. Like really, with everything else going on in the world...stressing out over a little piece of appreciation. Buy what you think is nice, keep it under $100 per person and then don't think about it again.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I actually picked up Crystal Candal Stick holders today that were at Winners. They were originally $80 each and I got them on clearance for $16 a piece. I gave them to my MOH today as she just moved into her new house, is stressed and I thought she should have something nice. She LOVED them and cried. She will look at them forever and know they came from love from me.

As for the other girls, I`m now confident after today that they will also love whatever they receive.

The boys, we love the idea of the Crown Royal. Wow, that`s awesome. I am going to look into that now.

Thanks you guys!
  • Options

Every could use a good tote... I 'm looking at getting my bridesmaids the Large monogram tote from LLBean centered around the color of the wedding. Because each one is so very different there contents of their bags will be very personalized with their fav's .. Like my sister loves Carol Daughters so she will have that . My cousin love Mac so i will get her favorite eye shadow and lip gloss , My best friend loves bath and body works as well. Be creative think outside the box. There will be snacks etc. They are getting there gifts before the wedding so the day of they will have it to put their personals since we are getting dressing in a hotel. Then I plan on getting them very in expensive accessories for the wedding again because like myself I can not wear costume jewelry. Just always remember when you think of their gift make them very personal and also you may want to write a little note personally thanking them for sharing that day as well as all the other days leading up to your wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards