Wisconsin
Options

Officiant in Milwaukee area

Anyone have any recommendations about officiants in the Milwaukee area? We're not getting married in a church, so we're trying to find someone to marry us. Having a friend ordained is out of the question (we just can't decide on who would do it), and we'd like to have a professional. Thanks!

Re: Officiant in Milwaukee area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Reverend Jennifer Miller. I met with a couple officiants, and I was the most impressed with her. Neither FI nor I are religious, and she's doing a completely custom ceremony for us with no religious influences. So far I have been very impressed with her creativity and her level of responsiveness.

Her website: http://www.weddingwi.com/
    November 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Me & FI

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendation! She sounds great.
  • Options
    cc7003cc7003 member
    edited December 2011

We found a local judge. There is a list on the City of Racine website with numerous judges/lawyers that can perform wedding ceremonies. I called many of them and we finally met with the one we ended up choosing--Judge Barry. Not sure if he will travel to Milwaukee but you could check, and I'd also check Milwaukee's website--I'm sure they have a list as well.

image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We contacted Rev. Jennifer Miller too and she was far too pricey.  For people to ask upwards to $600 to do a ceremony is beyond ridiculous in my opinion.  We ended up going with Rev. Nichole Baird.  She is $195 for rehearsal and ceremony.  She writes your ceremony for you and personalizes it to how you wish.  We've asked her for a nondenominational ceremony and nonreligious and it's exactly what she's given us.  She's even included some humor into the ceremony, which is completely our personalities.  :)  Let me know if you want her email address.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi browneyedbride7: Is Rev Nichole Baird the same of "A Day to Remember Ceremondies"?  http://matrimoniesmadeinheaven.webs.com/

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards