North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Unity Church and the Marriot Rennasiance in Raliegh?

Has anyone ever been to a wedding or reception at either of these venues in raliegh? Im pondering before I bring our options to my fiance. Im not from the area so Ive never seen either in action and would appreciate any and all reviews!!! thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Unity Church and the Marriot Rennasiance in Raliegh?

• Can't say anything about the Unity Chuch, but the Marriott Renaissance is a beautiful hotel with lovely amenities.  I picked it for my host hotel.  Now I wish I had not.  The event planner there is unresponsive, doesn't respond to calls/e-mails in anything resembling a timely fashion, screwed up my wedding block, and failed to book the suite I requested for bridal party to get ready.  It is 3 weeks out from the wedding, and I still do not know if the suite (or any suite) will be available for pre-wedding prep and/or somewhere for FH & me to crash for the night after the wedding festivities.  So if you are looking for a hotel in downtown Raleigh, try the Sheraton.  It is on Fayetteville Street, right next to the Marriott Ren, and might actually have an event planner who can do his/her job.   Good luck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_unity-church-and-the-marriot-rennasiance-in-raliegh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:606Discussion:76bcf842-86ea-46cc-a99c-fe3b3b2d8e3dPost:3d2ea258-e494-47e6-a69f-34137edf971f">Re: Unity Church and the Marriot Rennasiance in Raliegh?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can't say anything about the Unity Chuch, but the Marriott Renaissance is a beautiful hotel with lovely amenities.  I picked it for my host hotel.  Now I wish I had not.  The event planner there is unresponsive, doesn't respond to calls/e-mails in anything resembling a timely fashion, screwed up my wedding block, and failed to book the suite I requested for bridal party to get ready.  It is 3 weeks out from the wedding, and I still do not know if the suite (or any suite) will be available for pre-wedding prep and/or somewhere for FH & me to crash for the night after the wedding festivities.  So if you are looking for a hotel in downtown Raleigh, try the Sheraton.  It is on Fayetteville Street, right next to the Marriott Ren, and might actually have an event planner who can do his/her job.   Good luck!
    Posted by luckyemerald13[/QUOTE]

yes after looking at the rates and speaking to the sheraton we picked it. What they offer is just amazing plue all set up and break down including centerpieces and other details... totally a better choice for us and the coordinator is really nice and very efficent. Im sorry your having a bad experience with the marriot i would defiantly review them on their website! tHanks so much for the input!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards