Getting in Shape
Options

What are your favorite healthy/low fat lunch/dinner recipes?

Anyne wants to share some healthy//low fat dinner recipes with me? It's so hard to think of things for dinner!

Here are mine: Black bean and couscous salad. Tastes way better than it looks I think!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/black-bean-and-couscous-salad/detail.aspx

and Portabello mushroom BBQ quesadillas. YUM. If you cut down on cheese these would be even less fat.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/barbecue_portobello_quesadillas_for_two.html

Re: What are your favorite healthy/low fat lunch/dinner recipes?

• Options
    My favorites are simple:

Lunch: Fish tacos
      *sliced up fish leftovers, heated up in a pan and add a squirt of lemon
      *served on lightly toasted corn tortilla
      *a tiny bit of light mayo and balsamic vinaigrette tossed on the lettuce
      *tons of diced tomatoes and sometimes a sprinkle of shredded cheese

Dinner:
       *grilled chicken breasts marinated in balsamic, GF soy sauce, and a OJ
       *a wild rice and quinoa blend (about a cup for me)
       *steamed broccoli (about 2 cups each) with butter buds and salt
       *corn niblets (steamer bag)
  • Options
    I have a turkey chili recipe I make almost every week for my lunches. Its ground turkey, corn, tomatoes, green pepper/onion, and black beans plus cumin & chili peppers. Simmer for about 30 mins, add some crushed red pepper if you like spicy. Its delicious and keeps me full all afternoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wild rice stuffed portabellos!!

Make wild rice. Sautee rough chopped shallots and garlic in a little bit of olive oil (I like using herb or pepper infused oil for a little extra flavor), mix with rice; add salt, pepper, whatever other spices/herbs you want. Stuff into mushroom caps (I usually do four for two of us), place into an 8"x8" baking dish. Mix appx. 1/4 cup of wine (white or red, doesn't matter, whatever you've got laying around) with some balsamic vinegar (to taste, some people like a lot, some people only like a little). Pour over the stuffed mushrooms, cover the dish with foil, pop into a 325 degree oven until the mushrooms are soft (about 20 minutes, but it depends on the freshness of the mushrooms). Once they're done, top with some grated parm/asiago/whatever hard Italian cheese you've got. I like to serve them with wilted spinach or a big salad. Not a super technical recipe, but it's good, filling, and won't ruin your calorie intake for the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards