New York

In need of venue ideas please help :)

I'm moving to Watertown, NY this spring and  I will be planning our wedding somewhere niether one of us has lived/visited..intimidating..yes! I would like to have my short list for venues when we get out there.  Any ideas or input would be very much appriciated. Here the critera...

We do not want a cookie cutter typical banquet hall wedding.  Something unique, near water or rustic, Ceremony, reception and lodging all in one spot.  As all of our guest will be coming from out of state we will be having a "destination" type wedding,  we are looking for somewhere that will be unforgetable for everyone guests included.  Somewhere that helps plan activites for guests would be great..  somewhere that has somethings on site..don't want to have to rent everything from the ground up. Also, actual location doesn't matter because everyone will be traveling to begin with, within an hour or two of airport would be nice. To give an idea what we are looking for...I really like the idea of the stone tavern farm and hurd orchards but sadly either no or not enough lodging.  Thanks for any help!

Re: In need of venue ideas please help :)

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I know what it's like to move somewhere and have your wedding in the new place.  I moved to Ithaca last August (after getting engaged in July) and we are getting married here next September.  It's challenging but I think it's way easier to get married where you live rather than where you used to live and be traveling back and forth!

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Watertown.  Maybe someone else does on here...Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Your situation sounds kinda stressful...I'm in AZ, but getting married in Geneva, NY in May, but I at least have family/friends in the area. 
    I don't know too much about Watertown, but my sister lives there, so I asked her.  She didn't know any specific venues, but mentioned Sackets Harbour and Alexandria Bay, both within about 30 minutes of Watertown.  I would recommend checking out Bonnie Castle in Alexandria Bay...doesn't give much info online, but it looks awesome! 
    Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Check the Upstate NY board.   Watertown is considered more Upstate (vs CNY)... I am sure there will be lots of girls from that area.
    Are you or your Fi military?  Transfer to Ft. Drum?  If so, maybe check out the military brides board as I am sure there are several ladies from the area on there as well.

I know there are lots of beautiful indoor and outdoor locations in the Adirondacks.  I had a friend who got married there last summer and it was gorgeous.
    I don't know the names of any off the top of my head, but there are a few really beautiful lodges in the Adirondacks and up near Lake Placid.

HTH
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards