DC

would it be easier to find a planner can anyone suggest one

After talking it over with my BF we came to the conclusion that when we get engaged it would be worth the money to hire a wedding planner to take my ideas and make it happen. Jordan says it would be to stressful, he thinks we should just show up for tastings. I cant handle  major stress well, I get IBS. 
I am looking to a planner:
Sit down with me for a consult
Can put togeahter a few vendor choices for venue, flowers etc etc. with my vision in mind
(let me make my own appointments and go for my own consults)
can answer questions
help with weekend of issues
 that does not cost an arm and a leg

anyone have suggestions?

Re: would it be easier to find a planner can anyone suggest one

• brigitparkbrigitpark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner is Jade Lee (kamawedding.com).  I interviewed about 4 planners and I keep going back to her.  Not only she's good but she offers a lot of things.  She has a bridal store and she also does her own flowers.  Her assistant is also a make-up artist and a hairstylist.  But she will not push on vendors that you will not like.  She will suggest some vendors if you like that's fine if you find someone else better she's ok with that, too.  Hiring a wedding planner is the best thing I ever did.  Good Luck.
  • arlenevaarleneva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call Paper Talk by Arlene Lebowitz in Fairfax Station, VA  Beautiful invitations, and she is happy to provide recommendationsfor your other needs at no charge.

If you want full wedding planner services she can provide that as well, but we found just using Arlne as a resource, and getting our nvitations and addressing services from her, plus menus, programs, kipot etc, worked so well.

We went with one of  her recommended florists, and venues, too.

BTW...we share a first name by coincidence :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I am using a day of coordinator, Piece of Cake - Owner is Teresa Olsavsky. She has been awesome and coordinating all my vendors and for a very affordable price.  Getting married next weekend and haven't felt stressed at all.  She handled everything - payment, setting up times with the vendor, etc.  I highly recommend her - she was SO easy to work with and knows exactly how I want everything.

Her website is:  www.pieceofcakeva.com

Good luck!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My planner is Alexis Verna. She is amazing and has helped us every step of the way. She has been a life saver and not a bank robber. 
    Avernaevent.com
  • edited December 2011

Congrats on your engagement! I'm a wedding planner that just established my business this past August. Completed my first wedding in September on Fort Belvoir, VA and currently working on a wedding for December of this year. Since I just started, my prices for the different services (Day of Coordination, Full Service, Customized, and Consultation Services) are rock bottom in comparison to my competitors. I would like to say that I do have 20 years of experience in coordinating Conferences, Military Retirements, and Travel Arrangements. If you're interested in hearing more, I can be reached at 571-289-5461 and you can also check out my website at RosarioSpecialEvents.com. The first consultation is complimentary and you are no obligation to sign the contract on the spot. Hope to hear from you soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards