Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Alterations appointment

When is a good time to make this? My dress is going to have to be hemmed quite a bit and I'd like to add a sweetheart neckline. My weight has always been pretty much the same and I don't plan on losing any weight (I'm already pretty small). I just want to make sure it's done in time and also still have time just in case anything happens or something needs to be fixed.

Re: Alterations appointment

• Options
    Thank you! I was just going to go through DB since that's where I got my dress from and it's this dress http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Organza-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-with-Bias-Flange-Skirt-VW351011_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-White-by-Vera-Wang and I want to make sure whoever does it has worked with a dress with this many layers before. Also they told me a month before but idk. I don't need a lot taken in but I'm pretty short and I'm worried about hemming.
  • Options
    You might want to check with an independent seamstress rather than going through David's Bridal, I've heard they're much less expensive and do better work.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I went through an independent seamstress that has done work for my family for years and did several prom dresses for me when I was still in high school.  She had to take the dress out for me and hemmed it a little and did an amazing job for crazy cheap.  Try to find a seamstress around that has been doing this for years for your type of dress.
    Love my furbaby :)Birthday

**6.30.12** I have found the one whom my soul loves.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am 3 months out and just took mine for alterations.  My mom was in town this weekend and she hadn't seen my dress yet, so that was part of the reason for doing it so early. 

I had to have 6 inches hemmed off the bottom, the straps shortened by 2 inches, and the bustle had to br adjusted because of the hemming.  The person I used quoted me 4 weeks to complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards