Virginia

Reception Location - Hampton Roads

We are looking for a reception venue somewhere in the greater Hampton Roads area that will fit in our tiny budget. We love the museum spaces but just can't deal with the $5K price tag that includes almost nothing.

I need suggestions!! Maybe an old bank building? Library? B&B?

At one point I had thought about a public park but with no "facilities" at most of the parks (and I am not going to do a port - o - potty in a wedding gown) we had to scratch that one from the list. And we aren't "beach" people.

Since we have such a small budget, we need a venue that brings a lot of its own beauty that we won't have to spend a bundle sprucing up with flowers and other decorations.

Re: Reception Location - Hampton Roads

• edited December 2011
    Hi there.. 

You could try Church Point Manor in Virginia Beach..
    http://www.churchpointmanor.com/
    I called them the other day and for an outdoor wedding there its $500 and that includes 50 chairs and your ceremony.  It would be $600 to have it inside in case of rain. 

I know you said that the parks were out of the question, but, the Gazebo at Great Neck park is nice as well as Munden Point Park in Pungo(virginia beach) and I know that they have restrooms.

I would just drive around the area (if you are from here) and scope things out.. Write down areas and call about buildings or places you guys like.

I hope this helps.. I know its tough trying to find things to fit your budget and I wish you luck! I feel ya!
  • boydjessboydjess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Boxwood Inn.  The rental price is very reasonable, and Kathy, the owner, is awesome to work with. 
  • edited December 2011
    yachtclubweddings.com  they offer an all inclusive wedding package. 100ppl $5999 ....great deal
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Freight Shed in Yorktown...It is on the water and beautiful. They include a huge tent and all the tables and chairs. Also, if you have the reception outside the beach, lawn, and any area is free...just a paper has to be submitted to the county so that they can rope it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards