North Carolina
Options

Photographer

Hey everyone! 
Im trying to figure out a good photographer for our wedding that isnt to expensive but at the same time still has very good quality work.  I'm having to pay for most of the wedding myself because my parents arent going able to help very much.   The wedding will be in Swannanoa which is just east of Asheville.  I would love knowing if anyone had any photographers that they would like to tell me about. 

Please help

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer

• Options
    SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Candice Davis Photography and we were super pleased with their services.  Candice and her husband do all of the photography and they are super knowledgable, professional and affordable!
    http://www.candicedavisphotography.com
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Options
    acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christa Harder Photography!  I can't say enough great things about her!  Her work is amazing and her prices are very reasonable!  She travels all over NC, SC, and GA and won't charge any additional fees. 

www.christaharder.com
  • Options
    CarolinaKaylaCarolinaKayla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Andress Photography, they're out of Charlotte.  I'm not sure they travel but most photographers do for a small fee and their prices are really good to start with so it's worth asking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget for photography? That would help people make recommendations. :)

Our photographer is Robin Lin (www.robinlin.com) and we LOVE LOVE her. Love. Cannot even begin to type that enough.

Robin is in the RDU area but will travel (though there may be a fee) but she's worth it (once again, depending on your budget.) She also has an associate, I believe, who is not her but costs less.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    NA_Adam11NA_Adam11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much for your ideas! Im gonna look them up and visit thier websites right now :) 

As for what my budget for Photography is im not exactly sure.  My Fiance and i are paying for almost everything ourselves. And were both still in school and are not able to work very many hours.  I would put our photography budget as not over 2 or 3 hundred maybe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My suggestion is contact a community college (Randolph Community College has one of the best photography programs in the US, believe it or not lol) ... See if a student would do it, they would love the experience and probably wouldn't cost much. 

I am having a friend that does photography on the side do my wedding. She's not charging me, but I'm still going to make sure she's compensated. 

Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    lightluv17lightluv17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I woudld contact some local community colleges and students.. I am a VERY underpriced wedding photographer and I charge $800 for the day  (+300 if you want a CD of images otherwish you purchase them individually) and then you have to buy prints. Feel free to look at my site http://www.taramphotography.com

It will be difficult to find someone to photograph your day for 2-300. Another option is to do an after the fact shoot with you and your husband dressed up in your wedding garb in some fun locations in asheville or swannanoa.

Tara
    TaraMichelle Photography

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    NA_Adam11NA_Adam11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tara are you in the Asheville/Swannanoa Area?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lightluv17lightluv17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in Boone, but I shoot weddings all over WNC. And I have shot in swannanoa at the  Sleepy Hollow Inn.

My web site is http://www.taramphotography.com

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards