DC
Options

Bachelorette Party

Visiting from the other side of the country, but looking to plan my MOH's bachelorette party.  We have both moved away from the DC area but are returning for pre-wedding festivities.  Figured who would be better to ask than knotties in the area. 

We want to check into a hotel in the area, then go out to dinner and later, off to some bars. 

Any suggestions? Areas?  We don't want anything too crazy (no strippers or the like) or too young.

We were oringinally thinking Georgetown, but a bridesmaid nixed that.  She suggested Dupont. 

Re: Bachelorette Party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest Courthouse/Clarendon for a non-college crowd.  There is Mariott Residence Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and lots of bars and restaurants.  You could also try Penn Quarter/ ChinaTown. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

One of my friends had hers in DC, and we stayed at Hotel Helix, a fun boutique hotel near Dupont. We started at the hotel bar for cocktails, then we ate dinner at a Thai restaurant nearby (can't remember the name), and then we went to a few bars in the area. It was perfect, not too young, but not boring either.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies.  I have some time to plan, since it will not be until February.  I just know how the holidays go.  January will be here tomorrow and then I'll need to send invites. 

Helena, another Kimpton property came up in my search: Hotel Rouge. Hotel Helix looks really fun as well! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont know if you want to stay in DC but Old Town Alexandria is terrific for walking and doing the hotel/bar thing.
    They have a ton of great bars that are a lot of fun- im doing my bachelorette party there this coming sat. and there are really nice hotels there also! all graet walking distance! :) plus lots of great resturants and fun places to shop. def. a graet place for a grls weekend- o and lots of spas :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards