Just Engaged and Proposals

Just engaged!!!!

Hi!!

I am so excited to be newly engaged! I was never the girl that thought she wanted to get married, I was never the girl that dreamed of her wedding when she was little, I was never the girl that loved going to weddings, however, I have totally transformed into "that girl"!! We got engaged 12/8/12!

I LOVE decorating Christmas trees! I always have. Every year, since we were little, my mom has gotten us new ornaments for the tree. I am 26 and just got my one for this year :) So, anyways, I have wanted a Christmas tree and he kept telling me no, no, we have to wait, lets just wait. I was so frustrated! Well, finally, the day came to get a Christmas tree. We just went to Menards and paid 16.99 for this HUGE tree. The only thing was, it was all wrapped up so we couldn't see  what it looked like. After that, we literally spent five or six hours shopping for things for the tree. He bought me every little thing and wanted and went to a ton of different stores. When we got home, I mentioned that I was so happy that we had no plans tonight becuase I was so tired. He put the tree stand on and brought it inside. I was so sad, the tree had huge holes in it and wasn;t my "perfect" tree. 

Acting like a child, I went upstairs and laid in bed. haha. I was so dramatic! Finally, I cam down stairs and when I got down there, he had put the leopard  (yes, leopard) ribbon on already! I was so sad again!! I don't know what was going on! I am not usually this dramatic. So, of course, I go back upstairs and he comes up and asks me to come down, basically begging me. So, I do. He tells me to put the ribbon back on and I said no, he could do it. Then he told me to check the light outlet thing and I said no,I dind't know what he was talking about. Then, he tells me to put the star on and I told him you can't put the star on because we don't have an ornaments. He told me just to get up there and check to make sure there was a plug for  it then. So, I did and that is when I started to get freaked out. I went from not knowing anything to thinking about it and wondering. 

When I got on the stool, I saw that there was a huge, beautiful ring tied with a twisty tie on the top of the tree. Best ornament yet!! I just kept saying, "is this real life, is this real life?!!?" After I got myself to gether, he told me we were going to go to Marcella's for dinner. I knew something was up!! That is one of our favorite date night spots. When we got to Marcellas, my entire family was there and his! He even got my mom and sisters to come in from Pittsburgh!! 

BEST DAY/NIGHT EVER!!! Oh and by the way, our tree is perfect !!!!!!! 

Re: Just engaged!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards