September 2013 Weddings

I think we are eloping

So work is getting kind of scary because they are talking about closing 3 plants and one of those plants they are thinking about closing is the one I work at. I think the FI and I have decided to just elope. I am sad because I wanted my fairytale wedding but I know that at the end of the day I will still have his last name. I cried while we was talking about it and he was so sweet. He told me that if I wanted it a big wedding then we would find a way. I know that doing it small is for the best though. I am fairly certain our date is going to change but I love all y September Knotties!!!!
The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I think we are eloping

• That really sucks about the potential plant closings.  :( 

There are many ways to make an elopement very very special.  You can still do the dress, flowers, dancing, cake, etc.  Just on a smaller more intimate setting!   You can still have your fairy tale!!!    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks and yea I know. I am still getting a dress the "reception" is going to be steaks and chicken on the grill and people bringing a dish. We are telling our friends and family if they want to show up they can and if they don't thats fine too. It is going to be a "planned" elopment
  • I am truly sorry about your situation.  Everyone should be able to have the wedding they envisioned.  Are you absolutely sure that it will be your plant?  Are you sure you will be laid off?  Is it possible for you two to hold out hope a little longer and make sure it's happening the way you think it will?  I'd hate for you two to think you have no choice and then you find out later that you were covered and could have had what you dreamed about.  Would you be open to a longer engagement to save up a bit more?  I just feel from your post that you may regret it if you don't look at all your options first before throwing in the towel.  Of course, if you can be just as happy with the smaller version then that's all that matters.  But go with your  gut and go for what you want.  And don't let anyone make you feel bad for wanting what you want since you only plan on doing this once. 
  • We aren't completely sure that it will be us, but they already let the FI go. So I think even though this isn't completely what I want this is the best for us. As long as I manage to keep it out of the courthouse I'll be fine. His dad is paying for us to have a honeymoon because he has a condo at the beach and he is giving us money so we can just relax and have some sembalance of a my dream wedding. Our wedding savings will pay bills for awhile, so I think once I get over being bummed about it then I will look to the bright side; I will still be rocking his last name.
  • i'm so jealous. the way things are going regarding my wedding i wish i could elope. on the bright side, you are going to avoid SO MANY headaches!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_i-think-we-are-eloping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2df9e049-d1f6-45a1-b9b9-8ef01130b248Post:6ae1efd6-e48b-43a3-b48e-f0a8b88c4c2e">Re: I think we are eloping</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't completely sure that it will be us, but they already let the FI go. So I think even though this isn't completely what I want this is the best for us. As long as I manage to keep it out of the courthouse I'll be fine. His dad is paying for us to have a honeymoon because he has a condo at the beach and he is giving us money so we can just relax and have some sembalance of a my dream wedding. Our wedding savings will pay bills for awhile, so I think once I get over being bummed about it then I will look to the bright side; I will still be rocking his last name.
    Posted by kvsingleton86[/QUOTE]

Oh absolutely, since they let your FI go it makes total sense to keep things more affordable and intimate and focused on the marriage instead of all the big stuff.  You sound so happy to be marrying each other so congratulations.  I know you will be giddy with happiness when you first get called Mrs. with his last name just like I will.  And nothing else matters more than the marriage itself.  Plus there are a ton of ways that I see on the Budget board for making small weddings unique without the cost so I'm sure you'll have a very memorable day. 
  • Thank you all! I am still excited and we were given a beach house for a week to serve as a honeymoon so we are going to get married and have a cookout and call it done. I am excited to be marrying him. He is my best friend and can't wait til his best friend presents us as Mr and Mrs B
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards