New York-New York City
Options

Need Reception Ideas for lunch or cake and hors d'oeuvres only

I was wondering if anyone could guide me in searching for a venue for either a sit-down lunch or a cake and hors d'oeuvres style reception.  I'm looking at about 50-55 people and I wanted to keep it at about 100 per person.  I really like New Leaf Cafe in Ft. Tryon Park but they ight be more in the range of 130 per person.  Anyone know of any restaurants that could accommodate a lunch for about that price?  I've only lived in the city for one year so I'm not so familiar with restaurants and venues.  The Alger House was suggested but the decor looks outdated and tacky.  Maybe my price range is not doable?  Don't know.  Any suggestions?

Re: Need Reception Ideas for lunch or cake and hors d'oeuvres only

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a lot of places could accommodate a lunch for that price...
    Frankies 457 in Brooklyn has a backyard/stable that is popular for small weddings...  Bubby's in DUMBO is a cool venue, with a view of Brooklyn Bridge.  It's pp is way over that for dinner, but I think you'd be fine for lunch.
    City Hall restaurant in Tribeca might be able to help you.  They have a downstairs room that is pretty cool, and good rates.
    But did you want it outside?  Elizabeth in Nolita has a great garden area that would fit your group...  Also, Le Jardin in Nolita has a garden that might fit that many people.

You really might be surprised by the deal you can get at a restaurant that might be way out of your price range for dinner, but can accommodate you for lunch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Branch Nightclub may be another option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards