California-San Diego

A venue where the party can go late...

I'm looking for a wedding venue where the wedding can go on past the typical 10pm... I'm looking for a place that doesn't have just a 4-6 hour venue rental but can be more flexible in that regard. A lof of our guests are coming in from out of town and we want them to be able to enjoy the location and not feel rushed. 

We would love to find a boutique hotel or something like that where all the out of town guests could stay (rent out all the rooms) and then have either the reception or an after party there...

Any suggestions??? THANKS!

Re: A venue where the party can go late...

• AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's definitely NOT boutique, but we're getting married at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina on Harbor Island.  Everyone (including us) will be coming from out of town, and they are giving us GREAT discount rates on blocks of rooms for our guests.  They also are very flexible with the timing of the reception--we are allowed to go as late as we want (we planned for midnight since the rest of our vendors need a time frame), but if we choose to add on to the rest of our vendors, they didn't set a time limit for us on the reception room.  

Our reception room also has a terrace for cocktail hour (and mingling during the reception if you want to go outside) that overlooks the harbor which is nice, since you get the indoor/outdoor type reception. 

Also, if you're from Boston, the person that helps with the wedding coordination @ the Sheraton is AMAZING and is really helpful in recommending ideas and vendors.  She's made this long distance wedding planning so much easier!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • edited December 2011
    Bali Hai on Shelter Island (can go till midnight and has flexible schedules from what I understand. Since it's on Shelter Island there are a number of hotels within walking distance- the closest being Humpreys. 

It's one of the places I looked at thourgh we ended up going with another venue. I have been to a wedding there and it was lovely. 
  • asunshinehillasunshinehill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Hidden Valley Retreat.  You rent it out for the whole weekend, and there's room for 40 people to stay onsite.  You have to lower the noise level at 10, but you can keep partying as long as you want as long as you bring it inside or try to be a bit quieter outside.
  • g1982g1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow... I just went on the Hidden Valley website! That's exactly what we were looking for. What a great venue you found! I wish it would have been on one of those lists for wedding venues before we chose a different location. We're having it in Mexico now.... big change from San Diego... but the wedding can go as late as we need. 

Thanks all for your input. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards