Rhode Island

Whose having a videographer?

I'm really not looking to spend more money, but I'm curious about how many brides are using a videographer.  Thanks for sharing!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Whose having a videographer?

• I just want to say that I didn't use one, we just had our DOC do some video of us loading into the church, doing our vows and then dancing. And I paid someone to edit it into a 5 minute video.
    And I really regret not doing video :(
  • I was not planning on using one but after talking to our photographer and my then FI we did it.  I haven't see the video yet but I am really looking forward to it. 

Originally I thought the photos would capture everything but the day flies by and I am looking forward to reliving it through video.  We selected someone whose style was laidback and would not be in our faces, we did not do introductions or speak much. 

My recommendation would be to look at your budget and squeeze it in, at the end of the day it is more important than favors or invitations.  GL!
  • We are doing one. Its more important to me than favors, guest book and ceremony decor.
    Our ceremony will be outside in a pretty location so that one was easy to leave out.
    We are using Fresh Focus Productions.
    You could also check out www.bluelobsterproductions.com
    They are young and a startup company but they have done some professional comercial work and weddings

• We are using Jeremy Folster for our wedding in September. He does amazing work and has good prices. He has an great resume  and has done some work as a production assistant on the west wing. Check out his website and watch some of his clips (100 extra for a 5-7 minute highlight video that you get the link to and can upload to youtube or what not) Never met the guy but I'm obsessed with his work!

http://www.folstervideo.com/Welcome.html

we are paying about 1600 for our package. but he can work with any budget.
    hope this helps!
    Sarah
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cristin - we used Fresh Focus as well!  Michelle is amazing!  We haven't seen the video yet but she was just great throughout the planning process and on the wedding day we hardly noticed her which is what we wanted.  Let me know if you have any questions about them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_whose-having-a-videographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:ebc0b924-3bd4-4da1-a682-91fa16273b13Post:d5cdf5f8-a504-4188-bcda-2356c10573ec">Re: Whose having a videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]cristin - we used Fresh Focus as well!  Michelle is amazing!  We haven't seen the video yet but she was just great throughout the planning process and on the wedding day we hardly noticed her which is what we wanted.  Let me know if you have any questions about them.
    Posted by RIFallBride[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Justine is filming our wedding and Michelle is doing the editing. We have not met yet but she has been really nice over the phone but she has been great so far.
  • Get a video!!! We got married September 14 2012 and we wish we had now. It would have been so worth it.
  • We're using Primo Production Services. They're fantastic!! Really good video packages for really good prices.

Having a videographer was important to me because when all is said and done, people are going to forget about what the food tasted like and what the center pieces looked like...but the video of the day is forever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards